“Zell am See's best”

Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Zell am See
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Zell am See's best”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is our second time in as many years to the Tirolerhof. Once again we were not disappointed. From the moment we arrived there was a real homely feel to this magnificent hotel. Immaculately maintained and clean, superb service and the food is as good as you will get at many michelin starred restaurants. You always wonder if the next visit will live up to the expectations of the first. Well this did and more.

Room Tip: Whichever room you choose or are allocated you should not be disappointed. We were in what was clas...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
ireland
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I am just back from the best ever ski week in Zel Am Zee and it was the best because of this Hotel .From the moment You arrive You are made feel very Special and that is the way all week .When You are limping with pain they are asking You How You are .In the afternoon they always have a surprise dish waiting for You in the Bar area after a hard day on the slopes..It is so cosy in the Foyer with the Log fire burning in the afternoon and night.The bedrooms are amazing .The bathrooms bright and modern with Rain showers and the plasma televisions have loads of English Channels.. Itv,BBC Sky etc.The one thing that was a little bit annoying was the heat in the bedrooms but then it was so...sunny outside that had it been cold we might not have found it an issue.We slept each night with our balcony door opened so we overcame that problem easily!!!It was lovely listening to the river flowing ouside at night.I wasnt in the spa area myself but my husband said it was great .Everything was spotless everywhere.It looked very bright and modern but yet it isnt a new hotel.Now for the dining room.It was so beautiful and the breakfasts were amazing .The evening food some nights was a bit over the top and a couple of nights I didnt like anything that was on but the pasta night was amazing and we ate elsewhere another night due to the richness of the food that was on.At least the salad bar would save you if you didnt fancy anything else and also you see the menu in the morning so thats ok .The best part for me in the didning room was PETER.He is the greatest waiter we ever met,He couldnt do enough for us all and works seven days a week .He also was great fun and the night they had a sessert buffet he left me so much cutlery cause he knew I would be making several trips!!!!He is the greatest asset this hotel has.I will finish by saying that you must ask for the tap water at night otherwise You will be charged 4 40 euro the same price as the yummy red house wine.A major rip off.Honestly... these bottles of water with non sealed tops are left on the table and when I asked for the free tap water I got the same bottle without the screw top ...very suspect since I looked into the kitchen and saw all the green bottles lined up.It was a very minor negative tho .Cant wait for my next trip there.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet as the hotel is located in a cental part of town that is tucked away from traffi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lisireland
Rutland, England
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Zell am See. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The food was very good and the public areas warm and inviting. Very good base for skiers and you get 10% discount with Interski if you tell them you are staying at the Tirolerhof.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CandStu
Buncrana, Ireland
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Having stayed before I knew what to expect. As the title says fantastic hotel with excellent staff. I had four friends with me who have never been in this hotel before and they were very very impressed. They are still talking about the Tirolerhof

On arrival we all got our free glass of prosecco and sat by the log fire. That's the way to start a winter ski holiday. The receptionist came over and informed us what time the restaurant opens for dinner and breakfast and if we have any questions during our stay please ask at reception.

When we went for dinner the five of us arrived at the restaurant to see about getting a table together. I should have known better, they already had a table ready for us. Elizabeth one of the waitresses knew me as I stayed last year and had a very warm welcome for me and my friends. Oliver the restaurant manager also came over to welcome me back. That's one reason why I would not hesitate to return. The staff are all very helpful, and make you feel very welcome.

On the subject of dinner we all agreed the food is gorgeous. Every night was perfect. Compliments to Raimund and his kitchen staff. The hotel offers a tour of the kitchen to see how it's run. My friends decided they would like to go on this just to see how things are done behind the scenes. During the tour they got unexpected treats all of a high quality, and were very impressed.
We had to have a late dinner that night as my friends were not ready to eat as they had enjoyed the tasty offerings in the kitchen.

Later that evening at dinner one of my party said " I can see why you wanted to stay here". I had picked the Tirolerhof as it was my 50th birthday and it was my choice to go to Zell am See. On the evening of my birthday just as we were waiting on dessert to arrive I got a surprise as a small chocolate birthday cake was brought to the table. I looked at my friends to see who done this, but was informed that although they had asked at reception about getting a cake. The hotel had already organised this. Thanks to all in the Tirolerhof very much appreciated.

I hope to be back next year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Michael D
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel is much better then then the impression the website gives you. It's clean, spacious, cozy, warm and friendly. You feel at home from the moment you enter the lobby. The staff is well trained and very helpfull in every sense. We have to make a special remark about our waiter Peter. He added just that little that made staying at the hotel special for us.
Of course I have to mention the facilities as well. A nice sauna with splendid relaxing area, a well enough swimming pool and last but not least, a spacious room with nice light tinted wooden furniture with more than enough space to leave the luggage and other stuff.

I can definitely recommend this hotel if you whish to be pampered and taken care of for a week or so.

Cheerz!
Harmen (Ellen en Puck)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Harmen C
Castlebar, Ireland
Reviewed February 25, 2013

3 families had a 1 week break here - not our first time in Zell am See - but first stay at the Tirolerhof, it was excellent - rooms, food and service all of a very high standard. Lovely large bar lounge and reception area, with table service and nice to meet or bring people in for drinks, quite formal, but the youngest in our group was 13 so group get togethers were fine here. The dining room and selection of food at all meals was excellent. They have a boot room but we hired lockers at City Express - much better than lugging gear through town. Excellent town centre location. Lovely pool and jacuzzi and relaxation area with a good size gym. Shame that the only sauna was downstairs and nude - so no steam or regular / family sauna.

Room Tip: We had a variety of rooms - 2 JUnior suites and 2 comfort doubles, all were as expected and to a hig...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank l0l66
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Yet again the Tirolerof with its wonderful staff has excelled itself. All aspects never fail to impress. We only returned yesterday already looking up booking for next year. There s not enough space to write how good the Hotel is from beautiful rooms to delicious food. Thanks to the wonderful family Posch and their great staff. It feels like coming home when we arrive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends