“Good Hotel”
Review of Hotel Seehof

Hotel Seehof
Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in Zell am See
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Have just stayed at the Hotel Seehof in Zell am See 12th to 19th January and we really enjoyed it. All the staff were extremely helpful and very friendly and they all spoke excellent English. Our room was quite small but this was as advertised. We were at the rear of the hotel and although we could hear the church bell at 7am, it was by no means annoying, in fact it added to the atmosphere of the whole place. We could not hear any trains. Our friends incidently had a room at the front of the hotel which was a good size, had a fantastic view of the Lake and they did not have a problem with the trains. A kettle is provided in the room. The food was very good every day, the breakfasts were buffet style and were typically Austrian and the evening meals (choice of 2) were 4 courses plus a salad bar. A vegetarian option was also available. The hotel is Lakeside, a few minutes from the gorgeous town and about 10 minutes from the City Express Gondola. Lockers can be hired here for 12Euros a week so ou do not have to walk in ski boots. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Seehof in Zell am See for a week in January 2013. I have to admit that after reading other Tripadvisor reviews that I was rather disappointed by what I found. It claims 3 stars but in comparison to other Austrian 3 star hotels I have stayed in, the accommodation was not quite up to the same standard. The proximity to the railway is significant and there are goods trains passing throughout the night, the noise is considerable and you would need to be a very heavy sleeper indeed to not be woken several times a night. Ear plugs are a must and thankfully I had some. The food was also not quite up to what I expected, but having said that it was very enjoyable with a good variety and certainly the portions were satisfying. The quality of the meet served was excellent. Certainly the staff were friendly and helpful at all times. There is free wifi available but this only seems to be active in the entrance lobby area, also there is a guests' internet terminal.

Room Tip: The noise from the railway is audible at both front and back of the hotel, but the front is REALLY b...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alan H
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have just returned from a week at the Hotel Seehof - we stayed over Christmas 2012 and we were made to feel more than welcome by everyone at the hotel.

The food was excellent with a good choice each night and large portions, breakfast was also very good with a wide variety of hot and cold food. Service was top rate.

Rooms were very clean and plenty of hot water !

There was also a convenient heated ski and boot room.

All in all another totally excellent stay at the Hotel Seehof.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mychuno
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed in Hotel Seehof for a week in March 2012. The view from our room and balcony was spectacular overlooking the beautiful lake of Zell am See. The hotel is very central in the town and only short walk uphill to the skilifts. There are two things that stood out for me in the Hotel Seehof. Firstly, the food is excellent! The best I have had in many years of skiing holidays in Austria. Secondly the staff were extremely friendly and went far and beyond their duty to help me while I was there. I had a serious enough injury to my shoulder half way through the week and the staff did so much to make me comfortable from getting a laptop and dvds for me to driving to collect some things I left behind in the ambulance! They were truly fantastic! I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Austria for a skiing trip this year.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Deirdre C
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Just back from a week in beautiful Zell am See. Stayed at the wonderful Hotel Seehoff overlooking the lake - views to die for! Could not find fault with any aspect of this superbly friendly hotel! Immaculately kept - great food - great staff who couldnt do enough to make our stay so enjoyable. Particular thanks to our smiling waitress Siobann and all the other friendly staff. Also to Eva (owner/manageress).
Heard a couple of trains but only on the first night then after that we did'nt even notice. For guests wanting quieter rooms away from railtrack there are other rooms available with church/mountain views at the back - but for us we loved having a view of the lovely lake.
Have already booked for next August - can't wait to return to the Seehoff and Zell am See! Wonderful!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2012

“Four hundred thirty two”- counts my daughter after checking finally from her camera dial, she declared, “Can you imagine Dad, I took 432 photos in last 2 hrs?
I was not surprised, my hands were tired as I was holding my handycam for last 2 hrs, my neck was stiffened due to frequent movement for last 2 hrs seeing right and left, up and down. We were travelling from Innsbruck to Zell Am See and were thrilled by the amazing sceneries! I knew it was scenic route but never imagined it to be so beautiful!
We got down at Zell Am See in the afternoon 4pm on 20th September 2012. It is a station between Innsbruck and Salzburg. Deep blue sky, royal blue lake and snow-capped mountains surrounding the lake mesmerised us. It felt like we were in heaven.
We followed the rail line from the direction we came and after walking 250m, we found our new home- Hotel Seeof. The hotel is on the lake, only a train line separating the hotel from the lake. The moment we entered the hotel, we loved it! It was perfectly complimenting the beauty surrounding us. The lady in the reception was worried as to why we reached late? Actually, we gave them a message long back in the email that we would be reaching around 12noon. She became very happy the moment she saw us as if we had just returned home. She handed over a city map, highlighting the important landmarks, an adventure guide and provided the vital information about the local bus.
We got room no 30 and after opening the door we were again amazed! What a beautiful room! In fact it was a suite with 2 rooms, plenty of furniture and 3 lake facing windows. Room was comfortable and neat and clean. We found a few chocolates as a welcome present. There was some rhythmic but very faint sound from the trains running on the railway line in front of the hotel which helped us to enjoy a sweet dreamy feeling.
Next day, we had a brilliant breakfast. Friuts, eggs, becon, bread, cake, tea, coffee- it included everything to satisfy us.
After breakfast, we asked the hotel staff about the location of Bus stand. The all-time friendly staff gave us crystal clear instructions on the map. It took 5 mins to reach the Bus stand from where we took bus 71 to reach Schmittenhohe. We took cable car to reach the summit at 2000m and got an amazing 360 degree view of snow peaks.
After that we came back to the bus stand and this time we took Bus no.670 to take another breath taking journey to Krimml waterfalls. We went to the top of the falls by walking 4km and 1500ft up.
We came back to hotel, fully satisfied with the scenery witnessed for the whole day. When we entered the room, we found a beautiful fragrance in the room which was again left after cleaning by the hotel staff. To us, it was one of the best value for money hotel we have stayed in. The hotel added to the liking of Zell am See. We left the hotel on the next day as we had planned to go to Salzburg. We promised in our heart to Zell am See and Hotel Seeof that we would come back here very soon. Not just for 2 days but will stay much longer.
We are waiting eagerly for that opportunity.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DPMALLIC
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Just back from having a lovely stay at this hotel. It's well situated for both the lake and central town of Zell Am See and we received a very warm welcome and excellent / friendly customer service from all the staff throughout our stay. The room was very clean, well presented and maintained and the food was super with plenty of choice at both breakfast and dinner times. The railway and trains can be a problem if you let it but honestly you forget about them after a short while and see the positives of having the station close at hand to explore the wonderful area even more. Would i stay there again?.....without doubt....a lovely hotel and fantastic people.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple