I stayed here for a week's walking holiday last year. The hotel is a cosy and slightly quirky property but overall we had a good time.
- Great service from the hotel staff
- The food. We were all inclusive and the food was superb. Hearty breakfasts with lunch bags provided; cake and coffee in the afternoon if you were around and good quality local cuisine for dinner. Nice beers and schnapps included.
- Rooms were clean and comfortable, with a lovely balcony.
- Location: really close to the lifts and the town centre, but away from the bustle.
- Nice little pool.
- Outdoor pool was nice but not well heated, so only open on very warm days.
- Rooms a little small, but as we were out and about most of the time, this wasn't an issue.
- The spa needs a bit of TLC. The infrared sauna didn't really work, steam room a bit mouldy and I wasn't convinced but the spa pools were working either. It's all a bit 70s / 80s. To be honest if this had been of better quality, I would have given the hotel 5 stars for it's price.
- Breakfast was lovely but no fresh juice. They had a machine with 'juice drinks'. I know fresh juice isn't included in the all inclusive for any time consumption, but it would be usual to provide a fresh juice at breakfast and I think most people would expect this.
Overall lovely hotel, great welcome and I would return.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Der Waldhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Der Waldhof Hotel