All reviews enjoy your stay walking distance buffet style lobby spa ski
Selected filters
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Staying at the Latini Hotel was not the best thing during our stay in Zell am See , from my personal experience this is a 2-3 start hotel ( I have been to hotels in Europe , US , Africa and Middle East) ,
The pillows were terrible , it looked like an old flat sheet with cotton balls scattered randomly .. I preferred to sleep without them .
The water in the bathroom was extremely hot even after adjusting the temperature and even hotter in the sink .
The staff is not friendly at all and you hardly find someone smiling at your face which is quite unusual to me .
The varieties in the breakfast were very limited and the fruits provided was old and not fresh .
Overall , I don't recommend this hotel at all .

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2017 via mobile

I was here for two nights. It was lovely and I had a great time with the IAEA ski team. I would definitely reckoned this to passionate skiers because the ski resort is a 5 minutes walk from here. The food here is excellent ( especially dinner ). The rooms were in perfect condition and had nice wood work on the walls. Next to the lobby there is a nice bar with plenty of delicious drinks to keep you happy .

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Emily S
Reviewed September 6, 2017

We went on a coach trip to Hotel Latini at the end of August. The room we had was lovely. It was all panelled in pine, even the ceiling was in pine. We had a balcony with two chairs and a table and a huge double wardrobe and lots of drawers. The bathroom was quite large with a walk in shower which we appreciated as we do not like to climb in and out of a bath to have a shower. There was a large flat screen TV which we didn't use as we avoid tvs when we go on holiday. The reception staff were pleasant and helpful with maps and brochures and a young man rang for a taxi for us when we wanted to go to the lake. We all were given tickets to allow us free lake trips and cable car trips and also if you went on a service bus it only cost €1 each if you showed your ticket. The young waiters in the dining room were a joy. So pleasant and smiling. In fact everyone that we spoke to was helpful, cheerful and smiling. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed August 30, 2017

From the moment I set foot in the Latini Hotel I had excellent customer service, in particular from one of the staff, Paul Harpel - that said all were extremely helpful. For me, this terrific experience completely outweighed any other smaller issues with the hotel.

I was in Zell am See for the Ironman 70.3, and arrived with three challenges, which Paul immediately sorted out. The first one was that Expedia wasn't able to extend my reservation from 2 nights to 3 - so I had to make a separate one for the third night - 'no problem, easy peasy' sorted within one minute. The second one was I had a very early flight home and was finding it hard to find a way to get to the airport. 'Wait, let me call someone' - driver pickup confirmed within 3 minutes. Third, I had to assemble my bike for the race, a task I wasn't relishing doing - 'Hold on there is a really great bike shop across the street which is relatively unknown, they might be able to do it and they open in 15 minutes'. So I checked in, got my bike box to the shop, took a nap and my bike was all ready for the race when I got up an hour and a half later. These are just a few examples - over the next few days Paul and other staff members quickly sorted out any questions I had.

The rooms are neat and tidy, though could use a refresh - new carpets and a paint job would not hurt. The maid was extremely attentive and quick - always nice not to have to wait around to have your room cleaned. The food was good - there was a large selection at breakfast to choose from, and the pasta and salad I had at dinner was tasty and the service was speedy. The thing the hotel needs to address fairly urgently is the wifi - I was never able to connect in my room, and Paul told me that the most reliable spot was in the hotel lobby, so I got into the habit of doing things that needed internet access there. The hotel is not centrally located, but it's not tremendously far from the centre of town either. I got to really enjoy the walk along the lake into town. It probably takes around 40 minutes to walk from the hotel to the Zell am See train station.

Overall I felt very attended to, much more so than in some 5 star hotels in which I've stayed. I think it says something about how well the hotel must be managed when staff seem to be happy working there, want to help their guests and ensure they have a good stay. These are the kinds of hotels I want to support.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank RunningFool68
Reviewed August 20, 2017

The hotel is located 10 minutes away by bus form the lake. The rooms are nice and different. Although the WIFI was not working when we contacted the reception, they provided us with hot spot device that we connected inside the room then everything went well for the rest of the stay. The food is great, and the waiters at the restaurant were very friendly. One advantage of the hotel is that it’s quite away from the crowded hotels in the lake area.
Try to get room on the high floor, because rooms on the second floor might be very close to the kids area which might be sometimes very noisy.

Date of stay: July 2017