“Wedding from heaven”

Romantik Hotel Zell am See
Ranked #9 of 42 Hotels in Zell am See
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We booked our wedding through our travel agent and the romantik hotel arranged everything for us. We wanted something intimate for the two of us and Sabine and Simone were amazing. I was concerned about my flowers and they were just what I wanted and couldn't have made it any better ourselves. I would highly recommend the hotel for the arrangements and also the honeymoon. The hotel arranged an appointment for my hair and make up at the local hairdresser and this was brilliant. If you want an intimate wedding in the most amazing scenery then this is the place. Out of this world.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony has the most wonderful views of the mountains.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
FiwiZell, Leiter Front Office at Romantik Hotel Zell am See, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Gail, Dear Alan,

thank you very much for your nice lines.
It is a pleasure for us that you enjoyed your stay and had the really best day in live in the Romantic Hotel.

Hopefully we can welcome you again in the near future and remain in the meantime

with kindest regards

Yours Family Hörl with Team

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed for a week.
From the moment we arrived until the moment we departed we were made to feel welcome. The staff were always willing to go a little bit further to help with ideas and practical help.
The food was excellent and the daily news sheet very entertaining and informative.
The local Town Band meets at the hotel to rehearse and it is the "wet weather" venue for their summer concerts.
The weekly barbecue is a trully enjoyable event.
The view from the balcony was a little limited but we enjoyed watching the craftsman in the neighbouring workshop hand-manufacturing lederhosen etc and the rest of the view was ok.
Town centre location within 3 mins walk of lakeside.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great hotel. Individual, warm and welcoming. First time that we went half-board and glad we did - lovely food every night. Fantastic spa area. Only downside was the view from the room, but this would have been reflected in the room rate we got. Would definitely recommend and hope to be back sometime.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Our group of four (two adult couples) stayed here for a week in February/March 2013. The hotel was everything we wanted from a ski hotel & more. It is perfectly located in the centre of town within easy reach of shops & bars. It has a classic, Austrian alpine look & feel. Everywhere is immaculately clean, just like the resort itself, & the staff are very welcoming & friendly. The rooms are very nice ~ we had a large room overlooking the lake which was great for my wife (a non-skier) to enjoy. The help-yourself breakfast was sumptuous & stocking up on hot/cold food meant little desire to buy lunch on the mountain. Barney chauffeured us by (free) minibus to the CitiExpress lift every morning & it was a short downhill walk back to the hotel in the evening. The heated boot racks are a boon & the large log fire & cold beers were very welcome after a hard day's skiing! The spa facilities were just what we needed to recharge the leg muscles & the evening meals were superb ~ seven courses on some nights! Overall, it was a brilliant holiday & if we ever ski in Zell Am See again we would definitely stay here again. Auf Wiedersehen!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake. Book the minibus at reception the night before.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Burlingt0nBertie
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed at the Romantik Hotel 23/3/13 for our wedding and snowboarding holiday. We had an absolutely amazing time. The hotel is wonderful, it has an excellent location and is beautifully decorated, full of history. Every staff member we came into contact with couldn't do enough to help us from the moment we arrived until we sadly had to leave, they were all very polite and friendly. We stayed in the wedding suite which was spacious and clean. Our wedding was organised by Sabine and Simone, they took care of everything from the wedding documents, to the flowers and my hair. They made the planning and the day totally stress free and we felt as if nothing was too much hassle. I had my hair done at the Paul Mitchell salon adjacent to the hotel, I am very fussy with my hair so was a bit nervous, however it was the best hairstyle I have ever had! The day itself was perfect, we got married in the registry office which we travelled to by a people carrier, the ceremony was lovely and the registrar very friendly. We had photographs taken at the lake which was beautiful, the photographer was very personable and warm and the photo's professional. The hotel cat Maxi even visted our wedding party, which was great as we are cat mad! The hotel food was delicious, being vegan I often struggle to eat out, but I ate multiple courses every night. The hotel provided me with soya milk every morning for breakfast, and made me the best tofu I have ever tasted for my wedding meal. The wellness area and pool are wonderful and were definitely appreciated after our snowboarding lessons, we also enjoyed relaxing massages and the outside pool. I do not feel I can do this hotel the justice it deserves with my written review, it really is amazing and the friendliest hotel we have ever stayed in. If you are getting married in Zell am see do it here!
Thank you so much for making our wedding truly magical and romantic. We definately want to come back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have dined here many times before and make it a priority to dine here each time I come to Zell am See. The hotel has a nice restaurant with friendly staff and serves good value local cuisine. I will be back again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We have just returned from a lovely week staying at the hotel Romantik hotel and got married while we were there.
The staff were so helpful and friendly to our whole party (13 in the hotel and numerous others popping in for drinks/join us for dinner). On arrival all our bags were taken to our rooms, we had a suite which was very spacious with a bath/shower, balcony, sofa, 2 TVs, a kettle. We also took our 18 month old and they provided a cot in our room with the bed all made ready for him. My cousins had booked a twin room (brother and sister) and on arrival had a double but this was sorted very quickly when we told reception.
Our party were given a table in the restaurant which we had for the whole week and our waitress was very accommodating and very good with our son!
The food was very good every night with buffets some nights and normally around 6 courses.
Our wedding day was made perfect by Sabine, Simone and the whole team. They organised my hair, makeup, flowers, photographer and horse and carriage ride. We had everybody meet in the reception where they played the wedding march and my dad gave me away. Sabine then helped to escort our 30 guests to the registry office where she was discreetly there to help direct people and hold coats etc. We then took our party to Schnapp Hans on the mountain but when we returned our room had champagne, all of the paper work etc from the registry office and a lovely copy of the poem we had read at the service.
We had our wedding meal at the hotel and the food was spectacular! Everybody had an amazing evening; we were even joined by an Austrian accordion player for a while.
To anybody considering getting married in Zell and staying at the hotel I would highly recommend it, nothing was too much trouble for Sabine and her team.
Hopefully we will be back for our anniversary!
Mr and Mrs Venton