“Great traditional Austrian restaurant ”
Review of Steinerwirt

Steinerwirt
Ranked #6 of 105 Restaurants in Zell am See
Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

If you want to try an Austrian couisine, this is the place to go. We tried Wienerschnitzel, goulash and for the dessert fabulous Salzburger nockerl. Everything was delicious, we didn't wait long although the restaurant was full and the staff was very polite and helpful. Definitely recommended!

Reviewed November 2, 2017

Sad to say that I did not enjoy my meal. I found the veggie options very limited and my companions felt that there meal was a little mediocre. The wine was lovely and the service slow but friendly.

Reviewed October 24, 2017

I had cream of "something" soup. It was the soup of the day. Two of the waiting staff tried to explain what type of soup it was; but I couldn't understand them. I think it was some type of cream of cabbage soup. It tasted like cream of cauliflower soup. But the waiters insisted that it was not cauliflower. In any case, it was very good.

I split an apple strudel with hot vanilla sauce for dessert with my husband. They gave it to us in a very nice presentation with berries of three types. The vanilla sauce was very good. Not as good as my grandmother used to make; but I guess that could never be replicated.

Service was very friendly and we were offered English menus. Credit cards are accepted.

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

We have dined in Steinerwirt on October evenig around 8pm. Even tough it was quite full we were seated and served as soon as we arrived. We have had a steak and boild beef with potato and spinach. The steak was awesome! The boiled beef and spinach was little undersalted for our taste but very delicious. And then came deserts....amazing! Lemon sorbet with strawberries & chocolate mousse with pistacchio ice cream were to die for! The ambiance is simple, with antique furniture since the restaurant has a history dating from 15 century. Must visit!

Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

The food is average to mediocre and if you look at value for your money, they only deserve two stars. Loveless taste and presentation - boring potatoes, the chanterelles might have been previously frozen; they certainly did not taste fresh; we have been there a few times before but this time was so clearly disappointing that it was the last time. I was embarrassed to have brought a guest.

1  Thank irisandjules