“An elegant place to eat”
Review of Steinerwirt

Steinerwirt
Ranked #4 of 99 Restaurants in Zell am See
Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Traditional Austrian style is the hallmark of the Steinerwirt. From the moment you walk through the door you cannot fail to be impressed by the impeccably white starched aprons of the waiters and the calm, efficient way they go about their job - even when the place is packed. The main dining area is traditional Austrian in style as are the side rooms were you can eat if the main restaurant is full. The food is typical Austrian with some local specialties and it is not as expensive as you might think when you look at the ambiance of the place. If you want Austrian style together with attentive (but not overly so) waiters this is the place to et.

Johannes S, Inhaber at Steinerwirt, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

I was really happy to read your review, because it captures one of the things at Steinerwirt I am most proud of: our team. I know that the young women and men who work here really do their best to serve our guests well. Many of them have been with us for a number of years - this is particularly appreciated by the guests who visit us regularly.

Thank you for your recommending aus and I hope to see you again at Steinerwirt!

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 22, 2013

For the third year running we enjoyed an excellent and reasonably priced meal here last week.
As vegetarians this is not always easy!

Johannes S, Owner at Steinerwirt, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Thank you for being such loyal guests and for recommending us on Tripadvisor! Austrian food has a strong focus on meat, and so it is important for us to have a nice choice for our vegetarian guests. I hope to see you again at your next visit and send

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Located in the center of town, on the corner of a pedestrian street, it is not-to-be missed. Guests are warmly welcomed and seated in a comfortable wood-panelled dining room(s). The menu offers a range of well-prepared Austrian specialities, including a children's menu and vegetarian chices. The wine list is comprehensive and the staff made excellent suggestions. Service is friendly and professional and all four of us agreed that the reviewers had it right. On our way out, the manager thanked us for our visit and as it turns out, he is the one that writes the owner responses and so we chatted a bit about the growing role of social media which he understands and values. We really enjoyed our meal and plan to return.

Johannes S, Owner at Steinerwirt, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for the nice chat and your kind review! Interstingly, you are the second guest in two weeks who explicitly told me that they value the fact that we respond to the reviews. When I started this, it was meant to be a sign of appreciation for the author - "You make the effort to recommend my restaurant, so I will make the effort to thank you for that." I was not quite sure whether this would be noticed by the other readers as well. Now I am - thank you!

Kind regards & see you again,

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We visited the restaurant after reading the reviews about the authentic food and we were not disappointed. It was very traditional but presented in a unique way. A good choice for foodies.

Johannes S, Owner at Steinerwirt, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Thank you for recommending us! Being authentic is one of the values we really treasure. It's really nice to read that we are being perceived as such - also because it's something that gets lost quite easily :)

Kind regards & please visit us again,

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Walking on the street of Zell is quite easy to miss this place. Nothing special on the outside and even inside the place (even it has a warm atmosphere) doesn't have that kind of eye-catching Austrian ornaments. But the food...oh well, the food IS exquisite by any given standards. Of course, we are not talking about a Michelin star rated restaurant, but this is one of the best Austrian restaurants I've ever ate in. And I tried a lot of Austrian restaurants. I'll not describe the taste of the food or its appearance. Just give it a try and one won't be disappointed. Some duck (so tender) or the schnitzel are a sure delight. And they have so friendly prices (27 euros for the main plus dessert and a beer, tip included). The staff is polite and I even heard one of the waitress explaining for a table nearby us why is she serving the wine in a special way. Enough said: just go. I know that may be I sound to enthusiastic, but when someone deserve it, we must give them the prize: five stars.

Johannes S, Owner at Steinerwirt, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your enthusiasm - reviews like yours are a great source of motivation for us! We had been thinking about becoming more "obvious" to the guests walking by, but somehow this idea got dropped again. Your remark reminded us that - maybe - we should do something about this :) Thanks!

Kind regards and visit us again when in Zell am See,