“exceeded expectations!”
Review of Steinerwirt

Steinerwirt
Ranked #3 of 83 Restaurants in Zell am See
Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Munich, Germany
“exceeded expectations!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We ate at Steinerwirt last night and were very impressed. The dining area is nicely furnished and comfortable, the service was efficient and attentive. We were a group of 5, all meals were excellent and good value. They have a very good wine list, mostly Austrian wines which we very much enjoy drinking. I very much look forward to eating here again in the near future.

Visited January 2013
Johannes S, Owner at Steinerwirt, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your visit and I am glad to hear that you had a great time at Steinerwirt. And I promise you: We will try very hard to exceed your expectations again at your next visit!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tipperary, Ireland
“Great Austrian cuisine”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Recommended to us by our hotel owner and we ate there on two occasions
On both the food was really good
Some Unusual combinations but really worked for us
The venison and the duck dishes were first class

Visited January 2013
Johannes S, Owner at Steinerwirt, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Rob,

It makes us very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visits to our restaurant. I really like the term unusual combinations, because for many reasons, this is what Steinerwirt is about - for example, the mix of a traditional restaurant and a modern hotel in one building. The main thing is, that it works for our guests!

Thank you very much for recommending us and please visit us again during your next holidays in Zell am See.

My very best regards,
Zell am See, Austria
“Top Restaurant !”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I live in Zell am See and I often visit this restaurant, taking friends who are staying with me. I just read a bad review on here and I have to say that I am completely shocked.I think that this reviewer is incorrect or confused - I cannot see how this could have possibly happened.. I have never known the staff to be anything other than professional, friendly and courteous. They are quick and efficient. The management in the Steinerwirt is top notch.
Local people as well as tourists eat here and that is perhaps the highest recommendation of all. To work as a waiter is regarded as a serious, professional job in Austria and waiters are highly trained. I am an English person who has travelled the world and am well used to high standards in food and service.
The food offered is excellent. Very highly recommended in summer or winter. I would also like to make it clear that I have no connection with anyone who works at this hotel/restaurant and do not know the owners.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank binky59
Johannes S, Owner at Steinerwirt, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your support - you really made our day! When we first read the review in question, we were shocked as well. We are all taking our job very seriously and always strive to serve a guests in a friendly and competent manner. To see ourselves represented as brute ignorants of the worst kind was not really what we ever expected to read on Tripadvisor.

Thus, we did take the matter seriously and startet an internal investigation. Ironically, the waiter in question is a really friendly person, a guy who brings a lot good mood to work every day. Upon re-reading the review, we found several errors of spelling, grammar, and punctuation. It seemed that the author might not be the native English speaker he/she claims to be. In conclusion, we suspect that most likely the review is fake. In consequence, we reported the case to Tripadvisor. This was over two months ago. We have not heard back from them since.

It is my conviction that guests like you - people who make the effort to write about the places they like and provide unsolicited support in cases like this - are a blessing for all: For the restaurants, because you make our work more gratifying. For other readers, because you help to keep things balanced. And also for Tripadvisor itself, because without you, it would risk becoming a plain and boring bashing site. Personally, I have discovered very nice restaurants through the recommendations I read here and I would not want to miss this experience.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you again at Steinerwirt!

My best regards,
bucharest
“Our favorite place to eat”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We ate all the evenings (7) this time at this restaurant. In fact so we did last year on our ski holiday. We have a table reserved and tried almost every course. All of them were excellent, both in terms of serving and taste; plenty of food per person. They keep the main traditional Austrian cuisine (like Schnitzel, Tiroler Grostl, Tafelspitz, Kaiserschmarrn)and every month change some of the other courses. So it's varied enough. This year they have pralines - home made and great taste. My wife especially enjoyed the roast lamb. Another thing - this restaurant has a tradition of over 500 years. And the owner is a friendly person as is the whole staff. Anyway we highly recommend it.

• Visited January 2013
js2044, Owner at Steinerwirt, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Reading this really made our day! Thank you so much for being such loyal guests and see you next year.

Kind regards,
Johannes Schwaninger & Team
London
“Great food, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled across this place one evening between Christmas and New year. Staff found us a table despite not having booked and the food was great, typical Austrian fare and plenty of it. We enjoyed it so much we went back again for New Year's Eve and again the food was excellent. Highly recommend

js2044, Owner at Steinerwirt, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
We are very happy that you discovered us and enjoyed your time at Steinerwirt! Thank you for taking the time to recommend our restaurant and please visit us again in the future.

My very best regards,