Just returned from Christmas at the Alpenland Sporthotel. The hotel is very cosy and the rooms have a cabin sort of feel, which seems appropriate in the setting and is nice to return to following a day of skiing. All the hotel staff are very friendly. You can rent your skis from Intersport directly at the hotel, and there is a really convenient shuttle bus from the hotel to the gondola in Alpendorf.
If you are going over Christmas, the hotel puts on a special 'do' and the food was superb given the numbers that were catered for.
Lots of nice little restaurants and shops in the town, and the hotel is very central.
The only downsides for me were that the hotel was exceptionally hot. It seemed to be overcompensating for the snow outside. However, this is subjective to my tastes. Also, the parking garage is around 35 euros for the week, which is a little steep. On the other hand, it is nice to have the car not completely frozen for a week and still be able to use your washer fluid when you leave...!
Would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the unique combination of international flair and traditional Austrian hospitality of Salzburger Land. The 4-star Alpenland Hotel offers an in town, central location with top-equipped rooms, luxury suites, 2 specialty restaurants, modern conference rooms, and an indoor/outdoor wellness area that guarantee a relaxing vacation. The wellness area offers an 18-meter pool, 2 hot tubs, sauna, steam bath, solarium and a garden. The fitness trainer will guide you through your training, or you can take advantage of one of the aerobic courses where you can build stamina, strength and coordination. Other highlights include two onsite outdoor tennis courts as well as nearby golf courses, bike paths and hiking trails. Sports of all types - from easy to challenging. Alpenland Sporthotel is your ideal starting point for one of the best and most attractive ski areas in Austria. Whether it's a matter of sporting activities in snow or ice, reflective hikes or idyllic sleigh rides, the Alpenland Hotel fulfills all your desires. Inhouse ski rental and shuttle bus transfer available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Alpenland Sporthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenland Sporthotel Hotel Sankt Johann Im Pongau
- Alpenland Sporthotel St Johann Im Pongau, Austria - Salzburg Region