My husband and I traded our Los Cabos timeshare for a week here. It is not more than a 3 star hotel (by American standards), but we knew that going in. The first room we were shown was dreadful...just a basic hotel room that you may find at a Holiday Inn. We upgraded to a junior suite which was large with a king bed, sofa grouping, lots of storage . THe rooms were decorated in the '80's and are in need of an updating. The bathroom had plenty of room for 2 sinks, but instead had alot of wasted counter space. The sink was cracked. There is no shower curtain or door...just a half wall that allowed water to splash to the floor. Make sure you ask for a room in the back. We had an end room 140 and it had a nice view of the hills, but the front rooms look at the shopping mall. The Italian restraruant was sub par. Go next door to Cavali's!! We ate there 3 nights in a row. ..lamb chops and creme brulee were to die for. The Lotus is also good...Chinese food in an Austria where the owners speak German...can't beat it! Worse part of htel was the attitude of the front desk staff. They acted with boredom and disinterest and were down right rude, at times. The housekeeping and waitstaff employees were great. Also, no washcloths (not uncommon in some European hotels) and no top sheet on the bed...just a very warm down comforter..way to warm for August!! No a/c, either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the unique combination of international flair and traditional Austrian hospitality of Salzburger Land. The 4-star Alpenland Hotel offers an in town, central location with top-equipped rooms, luxury suites, 2 specialty restaurants, modern conference rooms, and an indoor/outdoor wellness area that guarantee a relaxing vacation. The wellness area offers an 18-meter pool, 2 hot tubs, sauna, steam bath, solarium and a garden. The fitness trainer will guide you through your training, or you can take advantage of one of the aerobic courses where you can build stamina, strength and coordination. Other highlights include two onsite outdoor tennis courts as well as nearby golf courses, bike paths and hiking trails. Sports of all types - from easy to challenging. Alpenland Sporthotel is your ideal starting point for one of the best and most attractive ski areas in Austria. Whether it's a matter of sporting activities in snow or ice, reflective hikes or idyllic sleigh rides, the Alpenland Hotel fulfills all your desires. Inhouse ski rental and shuttle bus transfer available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Alpenland Sporthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenland Sporthotel Hotel Sankt Johann Im Pongau
- Alpenland Sporthotel St Johann Im Pongau, Austria - Salzburg Region