Just spent a week at the Alpenland Sporthotel. There were 3 of us, my son (9yrs) and my husband and myself. This was our first time skiing in Austria and we were extremely happy with everything. The staff was wonderful and the room was clean and well kept. We had a studio through a time share and there was ample room for all three of us. We could rent our skis and sign up our son for ski school right there at the hotel. You could also buy your lift ticket and then take a shuttle straight to the ski resort. It was nice being dropped off right at the front and not have to lug all your equipment very far. We forgot my son's helmet and the ski instructor, Mark, lent us one for free. There is a beautiful indoor pool and gym that was outfitted well. The hotel is near some excellent restaurants. Go to Mama Mia just down the road. Mexican food to die for. The Chinese place is good as well. If there is anything negative to say about this hotel is that they still allow smoking indoors. But I think that is an Austrian law. Will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the unique combination of international flair and traditional Austrian hospitality of Salzburger Land. The 4-star Alpenland Hotel offers an in town, central location with top-equipped rooms, luxury suites, 2 specialty restaurants, modern conference rooms, and an indoor/outdoor wellness area that guarantee a relaxing vacation. The wellness area offers an 18-meter pool, 2 hot tubs, sauna, steam bath, solarium and a garden. The fitness trainer will guide you through your training, or you can take advantage of one of the aerobic courses where you can build stamina, strength and coordination. Other highlights include two onsite outdoor tennis courts as well as nearby golf courses, bike paths and hiking trails. Sports of all types - from easy to challenging. Alpenland Sporthotel is your ideal starting point for one of the best and most attractive ski areas in Austria. Whether it's a matter of sporting activities in snow or ice, reflective hikes or idyllic sleigh rides, the Alpenland Hotel fulfills all your desires. Inhouse ski rental and shuttle bus transfer available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Alpenland Sporthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenland Sporthotel Hotel Sankt Johann Im Pongau
- Alpenland Sporthotel St Johann Im Pongau, Austria - Salzburg Region