We had a room on the first floor which was adequate to our needs but the decor was a bit darkish which could become oppressive. The TV and fridge were old but suitable for us.
The service at the desk and by the staff was excellent. We only speak english with a smattering of german but we had no problems because if they could not converse with us they went and got someone who could.
We were there during the off season and as such the facilities in the hotel and the town were limited to a degree. This was not a problem as we made the best of it.
I know that we are old geezers in our sixties but it would have been nice to sit down and listen to a band or singer somewhere either in the hotel or around the town.
The main dining room was closed for renovations but we had several meals in the hotel pizzeria which we really enjoyed. The food was good and the service was efficient and unobtrusive.
The hotel laundry is on the second floor and has two washing machines but only one dryer. Whilst we did not have a problem there were instances of people lining up to use the dryer.
Our only complaint would be that there was no hot water jug in the room to make tea or coffee. This meant that every time that you wanted a cuppa you had to go to a cafe or bar and buy one. Gets expensive after a while.
The hotel is located behind the main shopping centre (which has a wonderful supermarker) and is very handy to all local shops. It is actually located on what is basically a dead end street so there are no traffic noises or problems.
All in all we had a wonderful time exploring the town and the area and even if the hotel is not up to your standards we still highly recommend the town and area as worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the unique combination of international flair and traditional Austrian hospitality of Salzburger Land. The 4-star Alpenland Hotel offers an in town, central location with top-equipped rooms, luxury suites, 2 specialty restaurants, modern conference rooms, and an indoor/outdoor wellness area that guarantee a relaxing vacation. The wellness area offers an 18-meter pool, 2 hot tubs, sauna, steam bath, solarium and a garden. The fitness trainer will guide you through your training, or you can take advantage of one of the aerobic courses where you can build stamina, strength and coordination. Other highlights include two onsite outdoor tennis courts as well as nearby golf courses, bike paths and hiking trails. Sports of all types - from easy to challenging. Alpenland Sporthotel is your ideal starting point for one of the best and most attractive ski areas in Austria. Whether it's a matter of sporting activities in snow or ice, reflective hikes or idyllic sleigh rides, the Alpenland Hotel fulfills all your desires. Inhouse ski rental and shuttle bus transfer available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Alpenland Sporthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenland Sporthotel Hotel Sankt Johann Im Pongau
- Alpenland Sporthotel St Johann Im Pongau, Austria - Salzburg Region