We spent a week here in June 2013 and had an absolutely wonderful time. The staff was friendly and helpful in every way. Rooms were comfortable and service was great. The atmosphere of the small Austrian town with it local shopping and winding streets made for a great diversion when we were not out in the country visiting the many tourist attractions. We rented an auto and were within easy distance of Salzburg and most of the castles and other tourist sites visitors wouldn't want to miss. Locally we could have a fine dinner at a reasonable cost and mix with the locals. We ate Breakfast at the hotel every morning as it was absolutely unbeatable and so delicious! Ate dinner in the hotel on three occasions and again, food and service was not to be beaten. Look for Robert and Anna two of our favorite wait staff from the hotel dinning room and be sure to say hello for us. On the weekend we happened to be there, a local italian street festival took place, music,food,drink, and shopping brought to town by the not too far Italians. With so much to see in Europe I never thought I would be saying this but . . . , "I would like to go back to Alpenland and Sankt Johann.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the unique combination of international flair and traditional Austrian hospitality of Salzburger Land. The 4-star Alpenland Hotel offers an in town, central location with top-equipped rooms, luxury suites, 2 specialty restaurants, modern conference rooms, and an indoor/outdoor wellness area that guarantee a relaxing vacation. The wellness area offers an 18-meter pool, 2 hot tubs, sauna, steam bath, solarium and a garden. The fitness trainer will guide you through your training, or you can take advantage of one of the aerobic courses where you can build stamina, strength and coordination. Other highlights include two onsite outdoor tennis courts as well as nearby golf courses, bike paths and hiking trails. Sports of all types - from easy to challenging. Alpenland Sporthotel is your ideal starting point for one of the best and most attractive ski areas in Austria. Whether it's a matter of sporting activities in snow or ice, reflective hikes or idyllic sleigh rides, the Alpenland Hotel fulfills all your desires. Inhouse ski rental and shuttle bus transfer available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Alpenland Sporthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenland Sporthotel Hotel Sankt Johann Im Pongau
- Alpenland Sporthotel St Johann Im Pongau, Austria - Salzburg Region