If you are looking for a unique European/Austrian experience then this is the place to go. Yes, the hotel is a bit on the old side and located behind a 1970's shopping block but the views are magnificent, even from our two-bedroom (no kitchen) unit located directly over the front entrance of the hotel and overlooking said concrete shopping centre. The decor is definitely Alpine ski lodge but hey, it is the Austrian Alps after all. The rooms are clean and the housekeeping done on a daily basis. Laundry facilities are another thing altogether...6 Euros + to do one load (wash and dry) and the dryer never did get the clothes dry and we eventually gave up and hung them over the patio furniture on the balcony to dry (minor inconvenience). St. Johann is a beautiful village and we felt taken back in time. We enjoyed seeing families dressed in authentic Austrian clothing (very trendy these days) going about their daily lives and found most to be friendly and helpful and very gracious. St. Johann is very central to most of Austria and we used it as a base for visits to Hallstatt, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Vienna and Munich as well as many side-trips to local tourist attractions. Restaurants are abundant and the food is excellent, albeit expensive by North American standards but enjoy it, you are on vacation after all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the unique combination of international flair and traditional Austrian hospitality of Salzburger Land. The 4-star Alpenland Hotel offers an in town, central location with top-equipped rooms, luxury suites, 2 specialty restaurants, modern conference rooms, and an indoor/outdoor wellness area that guarantee a relaxing vacation. The wellness area offers an 18-meter pool, 2 hot tubs, sauna, steam bath, solarium and a garden. The fitness trainer will guide you through your training, or you can take advantage of one of the aerobic courses where you can build stamina, strength and coordination. Other highlights include two onsite outdoor tennis courts as well as nearby golf courses, bike paths and hiking trails. Sports of all types - from easy to challenging. Alpenland Sporthotel is your ideal starting point for one of the best and most attractive ski areas in Austria. Whether it's a matter of sporting activities in snow or ice, reflective hikes or idyllic sleigh rides, the Alpenland Hotel fulfills all your desires. Inhouse ski rental and shuttle bus transfer available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Alpenland Sporthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenland Sporthotel Hotel Sankt Johann Im Pongau
- Alpenland Sporthotel St Johann Im Pongau, Austria - Salzburg Region