We booked this hotel from Interval International points and didn't know quite know what to expect from a timeshare in Austria and what Saint Johann had to offer. It turned out to be mostly very good. Positives: Had a 3rd floor rear facing studio room. The room was rather large with lots of storage space and sitting space with a "large" outside deck and beautiful views. It was the quietess room of our three week trip. The front desk and food service was excellent throughout our stay. A good parking garage with easy in and out. The breakfast buffet ($98 for the week per person) was worth it. The food was plentiful and varied and the very best of all our hotel stays on this trip. Location, location! We were within an easy one hour drive to Salzburg, Halstatt, the Krimmel waterfall, Helbrun Castle, 30 minutes from the Hohenwerfen Castle, Zell am See and only 10 minutes to the wonderful Liechtensteinklamm Gorge. Negatives: We expected a refrigerator and microwave but had only a very small refrigerator that was stocked with drinks. We were hoping to eat more in the room but we liked our room so much we decided not to upgrade to a kitchen room. There was a grocery store across the street and we were able to buy snacks, fruits and drinks to fill in for a quick meal. The bathroom was very small but well laid out.
We really thought this was great hotel and it far exceeded our expectations. There were some very good restaurants throughout town and stores to meet all the needs. Unlike some U.S. timeshares, our room was cleaned daily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the unique combination of international flair and traditional Austrian hospitality of Salzburger Land. The 4-star Alpenland Hotel offers an in town, central location with top-equipped rooms, luxury suites, 2 specialty restaurants, modern conference rooms, and an indoor/outdoor wellness area that guarantee a relaxing vacation. The wellness area offers an 18-meter pool, 2 hot tubs, sauna, steam bath, solarium and a garden. The fitness trainer will guide you through your training, or you can take advantage of one of the aerobic courses where you can build stamina, strength and coordination. Other highlights include two onsite outdoor tennis courts as well as nearby golf courses, bike paths and hiking trails. Sports of all types - from easy to challenging. Alpenland Sporthotel is your ideal starting point for one of the best and most attractive ski areas in Austria. Whether it's a matter of sporting activities in snow or ice, reflective hikes or idyllic sleigh rides, the Alpenland Hotel fulfills all your desires. Inhouse ski rental and shuttle bus transfer available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Alpenland Sporthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenland Sporthotel Hotel Sankt Johann Im Pongau
- Alpenland Sporthotel St Johann Im Pongau, Austria - Salzburg Region