All reviews infinity pool kids club perfect hotel for families family room overlooking the mountains ski lift great facilities compared to other hotels fabulous hotel every morning star hotel ski hire shop first floor the hotel offers salzburg airport would highly recommend this hotel good size
Selected filters
Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

This is a meticulously well kept family run hotel, that meet the expectations to a rural 4-5 star hotel, and yet quite cozy. The restaurant is outstanding - I had diner. The breakfast is very good and includes all you can imagine. The hotel is a member of an association welcoming families with children (Kinderhotels), but despite a number of such families the size of the hotel and restaurant allowed couples and adults to feel undisturbed. Ski lift and slope right outside.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
FamilieSchwarz, Inhaber at Alpina Family, Spa & Sporthotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

Dear svenne198,

thank you for your feedback! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

Wonderful hotel with great facilities , convenient location , friendly attentive staff and fabulous kids club and activities !
Rooms good size and well
Equipped .
Food and choice in restaurant great .
We like the different parts of the restaurant with cosy nooks as well
As large panoramic area !
Amazing place to Go with children - the staff in club are so much fun and the programmes are great for skiers and non skiers .
Pools And spa fab too ! Great treatment options .
We love this place .

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
FamilieSchwarz, Inhaber at Alpina Family, Spa & Sporthotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2019

Dear Monda1,

we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We will forward your feedback to our team and thank you for your recommendation.

Hope to see you again here soon!!!

Reviewed February 11, 2019

We had a small apartment since we were traveling with our 4-year-old son. The hotel has come into the years and would need a renovation, nevertheless everywhere was very clean and we could really enjoy ourselves. You have a lot of hiking options if you are an outdoors person just ask at the reception about hiking routes. we used only the Italian restaurant which offered a small but nice selection of dishes. On my end, I can recommend the spa and the beauty services which were just perfect.
The pools were frequented by the families with kids and a bit noisy but it is a family hotel at the end, so no complaints about that.
Sleeping was a bit of a challenge because there were some renovation works on the outside and because of that noisy.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
FamilieSchwarz, Inhaber at Alpina Family, Spa & Sporthotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2019

Dear Deniza_lanev,

thank you very much for your recommendation! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2019

Besides having everything in one place (restaurant, bistros, fitness, playroom, sauna and swimming pool), the hotel offers the pleasure of simplicity. You arrive at the door, get a trolley, load your luggage, go to a lift, enter your room and park your car after unloading. The receptionists are all great and helpful. You have a small kitchen in each room which is fantastic when you want to make a breakfast or small lunch. Kitchen has everything for catering breakfast: toaster, filter coffee machine and a kettle. The reception even offers reservation of fresh semmel rolls. Each room has more than enough space, each room is very warm. The hotel even offers renting sledges and it's all free of charge. If you book last minute the price is absolutely amazing. Every day you get a weather report and activity schedules delivered to your door.
If you want to have hotel breakfast, you can have it right there for 10 € per person. All the food, also for dinners, is great, we just preferred to eat outside in the ski cabins as they are very traditional and they all offer good food.
If you want to put children in ski school or ski kindergarten, the ski school is almost at your doorstep.
Anyway, a fantastic place. Keep up the good work, everyone.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
FamilieSchwarz, Inhaber at Alpina Family, Spa & Sporthotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2019

Thank you very much for your visit, we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 16, 2019

I travel quite a bit by myself. As a single female, this is often quite challenging. Frankly, I resent being stuck in an out of the way corner of a restaurant where I am made to feel like I am buried or a leper especially as the entire restaurant is practically empty. Lest you think that it was assigned to the room, it was not. My room was changed and I was still stuck in that rabbit warren. Also, it would be nice to know ahead of time that unless you are on a full board program here, you will be stuck with an ala carte menu which has very little I would want to eat on it. Had I know that beforehand, I would not have bothered trying to eat here as there are plenty of other establishments I could have gone to. As I also need to be on a gluten free diet, other than salad there was nothing I could eat after breakfast.

The staff are all very helpful (as much as they can anyway) and the rooms are nice; spacious. They are all very personable, polite and helpful to a person. There is nothing they could do about it but I must say though that the plumbing leaves much to be desired. The showers give you a choice of either scalding hot or freezing cold. It would also be nice if the rooms had a tea/coffee making ability. I am an early riser and waiting until the hotel restaurant opens at 07:30 for a cup of tea is a bit much especially as the ski lifts open at 08:30.

As was noted by other travelers, the spa area is the biggest plus here. Fabulous pool and saunas! Other than that, the best thing about this hotel is the location.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
FamilieSchwarz, Inhaber at Alpina Family, Spa & Sporthotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2019

Dear Deborah D,

thank you for visit and your feedback.

We are happy that you were satisfied with our staff, Alpina's location and your room and that you enjoyed our spa area! We would like to apologize that our panorama restaurant and the meal plan didn't meet your expectations. We kindly ask our guests to inform us about any diets or special meal plans in advance, our chef de cuisine is familiar with allergy diets and will compose an own menu during your stay for you.

We are looking forward to see you again soon!

Your Schwarz Family