See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Hotel is located in a nice area with many outdoor activities around it.

Positive: friendly staff, nice restaurant with various dishes prepared each night, a ,nice garden and pools; rooms have nice balconies; various activities organized for kids

On the not so positive side: fitness room is really a joke, parking lot is super crowded and at times you will have to find another solution to park, wifi is very poor, beds not very comfortable and although a large hotel they have no staff members present during night hours. Also, sauna is advertised but in reality it was only open twice per week for a few hours in the afternoon.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2017

Excellent staff! The kids (8 and 11 yrs) were just smiling from ear to ear all the time. Great with taxi to the slopes! Fantastic pool area and great sauna! The gym could have been a little more equipped (I for one would have loved to have a treadmill).

Date of stay: February 2017
Reviewed January 12, 2017

Having arrived in the area and staying with relatives for two days, we checked in at the Hotel Lerch on Monday 2nd January 2017. Our initial view was that in appearance it was very similar to a couple of Hotels we had previously used in the area. That perception was soon positively changed when we arrived at one of the family suits, spacious and comfortable I quickly had to admit my partner had made a very good choice. With separate rooms for us and the children along with bathroom and WC off of an internal landing ample storage we neither found ourselves on top of one another or struggling to store ski gear which has sometimes been the case.
The food was excellent following a menu of local and traditional foods. The only tiny recommendation I could have made would have been to have included one or two hot options at breakfast.
The staff were very friendly and welcoming but some grasp of the German language is a definite advantage and I have to sadly admit I need more practice.
The pool and fitness area are first class and to sit in a heated pool which half in and half outside of the building, surrounding by the snow capped alps whilst it is snowing really left an impression upon us, the children really loved the pool. If not used to travelling to this part of the world you do have to be aware of accepted attire (or lack there of) in using saunas etc.
The bus stop for the free bus up to the local ski resort of Alpendorf is literally a minutes walk from the hotel and the walk into the beautiful Town of Sankt Johann ten minutes.
For the facilities offered and the quality of the food provided we found the hotel very good value for money.
Being an Austrian hotel that appeared to be one favoured by German tourists you need to be mindful of some minor cultural differences but if you are willing to embrace your surroundings, these are hardly apparent.
Would I recommend this hotel to family and friends, absolutely and I would definitely use this hotel again.

Room tip: Not all rooms have great views so ask before you book.
Date of stay: January 2017
1  Thank Billyfield
Reviewed March 16, 2016

Excellent hotel, fun for the whole family, wonderful food, a great variety, and great rooms, nice and large. Friendly staff, and beautiful area. My grandchildren would like to go back. The pool is nice and warm.

Date of stay: June 2015
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Hotel is excellent for families with kids. It is mid size hotel, where your kids are able to have a lot of fun and at the same time you can have a rest…unlike in many family hotels, where you are not able to hear your voice due to number of yelling kids around.

The highlight of this hotel are facilities for kids- exceptionally good playground, lot of animals in „mini zoo“, possibility to ride pones and 2 pools with water- about 30°C. Kid’s room is also nice, so we were not bored neither during the rain.

The other good points are- family atmosphere- personnel is available, smiling but not intrusive. Their English knowledge is sufficient. Food was very good- we liked particularly breakfast. Austrian fresh roles are unbeatable and other products as well. Coffee could be better however; I am not big fun of instant coffee.

However, I find very problematic the fact that the hotel does not accept credit cards. I am sure that number of guests gets badly surprised during check out. This is the hotel where guests stay for several nights, they have half board and thus the bill can be significant. If you don’t read the instruction related to the hotel carefully, you find it out really on check out´. As bancomat does not give you more then 400 Euro/day and you probably check out during the weekend when banks are closed….I don’t knot how they solve a problem with a bill for more then 400Euro in such a case.

The hotel is nice, my kids did not wish to leave at all and I was also very happy there. St Johann has also so much to offer that we return for sure.

Date of stay: July 2013