“I have vertigo!”

and up
Private Customized Hallstatt Full Day Tour
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in St Gilgen
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My family loves it! I dont, but that is just me, I hate heights. Once you are up there it is really nice, there are some easy routes to do with the kids, great views of all the lakes, a nice restaurant to have a coffee or something light to eat... But I just cant get over the fact that it is a ride on the "air". I find it a bit expensive to be honest, but I think it is probably directly related to the fact that I dont like heights. I have done it, around 3 times, and now would rather walk up and down the mountain. My children though, would love to do it again, they call them the flying buses and only have nice memories from every ride.

2  Thank AnaEllmer

Reviewed September 29, 2012

If the weather is fair, this is a must.

15 minutes to the top for views that you will remember for a lifetime.

Hike the circular panorama route, or just sit on a bench and enjoy the stunning views of the lake and the surrounding mountains.

Well worth it, but remeber to dress warmly if it is not a hot summer day, as it can be quite breezy at the top! Also, sensible shoes are a must.

1  Thank Monaco98
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Well, up you go; flexing your muscles and so fit ! you're going to Mullah this mountain; easypeezy!
You bail out at the top, have a quick beer and maybe a snack at the bar, watch the hang gliders for a wee while whilst admiring the glorious view of all the Salzkammergut, the Wolfgangsee below and the Schafberg over on the other side of the lake. Right, now for the journey down! So, over the back of the mountain, and the day we did it there were a pair of Golden Eagles circling high overhead and down through the meadows. Tinkling cow bells, gently running water into the drinking troughs, bright blue gentian and other alpine meadow plants everywhere, and absolutely nobody else to share the joy. On we went, till we came across a little hut with a group of senior Austrians from St Gilgen, all in Tyrolean dress, and out for a sing-song. So, we had yodel songs and cider as we lay out on the grass and regained our spirits for the next leg of the journey,. On we went; goats everywhere, bird song and rushing water all around until we finally reached the valley floor. Front of legs now in agony so phone call to the Billroth to ask Peter to come and rescue us. Much laughter on the other end of the phone, but eventually the cavalry arrived. Billroth, shower, dinner and bed. End of a glorious day. , .

6  Thank Jonathan S
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Within walking distance of the Hotel Hollweger. Not cheap, but it gives you access to some lovely walks high above the lake.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Catch the 150 bus from Salzburg main railway station and the pretty trip takes a bit more than an hour.
If you have good weather, the views from the top of the mountain is spectacular.
There is also a good little restaurant at the top.

2  Thank Adventurers049