Upon check in we realized the price of the apartment agreed in advance was not the same the hotel intended to charge (the difference was about 1.000 Euros - ???). The staff was understanding and helpful, but interestingly, only the email with the confirmation of the pre-agreed price was missing. After about 20 minutes, after we showed the email on the smart phone, did they „agree“ to the price. (We have thought the event was simply a misunderstanding, a lost in translation type of a deal,but the story is not over, read till the check out.)
If you park in the hotel, you will be charged 5 Euros per day extra (curiously, they did not charge for that at the end). Who came up with that?
Very nice in general. We had a great view of the slopes and the sitting area is cozy. If you prefer to sleep in a complete darkness, plan ahead – blinds are automated and take ages to slide down.
Predictable and dull; standard menu found in any Austrian place with little ambition and/or even less vision and skill. Good variety for breakfast, but for any other meal go elsewhere. Cheese fondue is to be avoided at any cost.
Decent considering the food and relatively well priced.
Milena at the reception was friendly as well as the maintenance staff.
Waiters at the bar did not pay us much attention. I guess they were being busy serving other guests. Or, perhaps they were instructed to follow different rules:
• No1. Changing glasses between serving Malbec and Brunello is snobbish, do not do it!
• No2. If you serve wine, do not serve water...even if they ask for it 3 times!
• No3. Guests are not thirsty after a bottle of wine...if they want to order more, they are alcoholics and should not be served!
• No4. If the ordered wines are of the same color, do not change glasses - glasses are to be changed only for the dessert wine (however, double check if really necessary).
• No5. If a guest inconveniences you and draws the AmEx card, charge 2% extra...6 euros to cover your expense, on top of 300 he/she just spent is, well, priceless!
Hotel again billed us the amount not agreed originally and discussed already at the check in. After a 10 minute discussion and three attempts to charge other amount did we finally get the bill for the amount confirmed at the reservation. But, that's not all...we were also charged for a dinner you did not have.
I can still try to convince myself, billing issues were all about the coincidence, a bug in a billing system, or whatever... Still, considering experiences with service in a presence of owners and seeing how the hotel is run in general, it seems our problems were due to management policies and procedures.
Alpin Juwel is simply a badly managed place. The staff, as much as they try to, cannot compensate for the lack of common sense and simple human courtesy in running the hotel. It’s a shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The family-run Lifestyle hotel Alpine Juwel****Superior sets itself a side through a unique scenic location directly at a ski slope and comprises a perfect blend of modern & traditional Austrian architecture. The hotel offers 2 restaurants, 3 cosy traditional "Stuben", 2 bars and a wine cellar were guests are able to enjoy a wide variety of Austrian specialities. An "over the edge" panorama pool is one of the highlights located at the 800 sq. Sun bathing rooftop, which now also has a new Apres Ski bar to offer. For relaxation the AJ-Veda Spa offers different services such as Ayurveda massages, natural cosmetics and power sleeping rooms. "Exclusive, individual, different" are the cornerstone concepts of the hotels motto and are reflected throughout every point of its offering. Alpin Juwel promises exclusive living, healthy Austrian cuisine with local products, a cosy atmosphere and a unique sleeping experience within a scenic location overlooking the valley. Book your individualized board concept with breakfast until noon, half board or a la carte and enjoy more special services like wine tasting, 3x live music, a ski-day taking you to a private chalet, Ski VIP service with shuttle, ski pass service, ski school service, parking garage, children programs including child care, direct access to the town centre through our guest elevators and much more. We are looking forward to seeing you, Maria, Alex & the Juwel-Team ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Alpin Juwel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sport & Vitalhotel Ellmau Hotel Saalbach
- Sport And Vitalhotel Ellmau
- Sport Vitalhotel Ellmau Saalbach