This was our second visit at Theresia Gartenhotel - the previous time we stayed for 2 weeks over Christmas. Once again we had a fantastic time. If I had to rate my favourite aspects of the hotel I'd give the food 5 stars - extremely well-prepared using lots of fresh herbs and good quality local produce; the serving staff 5 stars - professional, friendly and efficient; the adults only spa facilities 5 stars - clean, no kids! relaxing. The hotel is perfectly situated close to most of the operational gondola lifts and interesting mountain trails. As an English speaking non-European I found it a bit annoying that most of the guided mountain hikes were aimed at German speaking people - so you tend to miss out on the info they share during the hike. At the hotel all the staff are properly bilingual and they make an effort to make you feel at home. The only thing I found slightly annoying was noisy young children during breakfast. However, the hotel welcomes families of all shapes and sizes and also offers a service to look after the kids. I think it mostly annoyed me when the parents were not able to keep their kids in check. In terms of bus services - the area offers a service that comes free with the Joker card. In summer the buses are infrequent and not always reliable - also mostly full - so be weary of this. Sometimes it was easier to just take one of the hotel's free bicycles and cycle to villages close by. I strongly recommend the hotel. It is clean, offers a spectacular afternoon tea with strudels and cakes on the house, glorious spa facilities, spacious rooms and great cuisine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TRADITION MEETS ECO-CHIC At the heart of Salzburg's Grass Mountains, the Gartenhotel Theresia Superior combines exclusive interior design and contemporary art with timeless tradition and ecological philosophy. The stylish "Mountain Green SPA" with heated indoor and outdoor pools, an organically certified gourmet cuisine (2 bonnets Gault Millau 2016), gorgeous rooms, children's club and ski slopes, lifts and partner skischool right on the doorstep as well as ski rental at the hotel. The proprietor also runs private tours through the hotel gallery, featuring artist like Andy Warhol. Free guided walks, biking tours and use of cable cars, tennis courts in summer. Additional guided tours with the hotel owner include trips to local organic farms. The hotel is selected member of: Health & SPA Premium Hotels, AllergyProfis - hotels & restaurants, Family Salzburger Land, Bio Paradies Salzburger Land, Autriche pro France Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Theresia Gartenhotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Theresia Gartenhotel Saalbach
- Theresia Gartenhotel Hotel Saalbach