Very nice hotel. Very well located, much better than being in centre of Hinterglemm (where busses are not allowed). Busstop right outside hotel to all main lifts (which have a busstop !).
Very nice rooms - well maintained. Very good food.
Hotel had a lot of guests with children at the time - those with and those without were well seperated - demonstrates the thought and care taken by the owners / staff.
Well worth considering if you want a stay in Hinterglemm - would be top of my list for a further stay.
Good sound insulation between rooms, but hardwood floors (in bedrooms) - which are nothing like as good at sound absorbing as carpets - hence, if you get noisy / "heavy" people above (as I did for the first two nights - from c5:30 to c7:30 a.m.) it can be a bit of a problem.
However, basically could not hear later "normal" guests.
Noise disturbance was movement related - dragging chairs / slamming doors / etc. - so could occur in any hotel and the only thing the hotel can do about it is to fit carpets - not hard floors.
(A pet hate of mine, in hotels, as you may have deduced !)
Only other "negative" was that only seemed to be able to book via (automated) email or via Inghams - I'm certain they would be booked up more in advance if it was easier - though perhaps this is a "positive" from the point of view of those of us who have stayed !!.
In conclusion, doubt you will find a better place to stay in Hinterglemm - unless you want night-club atmosphere 24 hours a day !.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TRADITION MEETS ECO-CHIC At the heart of Salzburg's Grass Mountains, the Gartenhotel Theresia Superior combines exclusive interior design and contemporary art with timeless tradition and ecological philosophy. The stylish "Mountain Green SPA" with heated indoor and outdoor pools, an organically certified gourmet cuisine (2 bonnets Gault Millau 2016), gorgeous rooms, children's club and ski slopes, lifts and partner skischool right on the doorstep as well as ski rental at the hotel. The proprietor also runs private tours through the hotel gallery, featuring artist like Andy Warhol. Free guided walks, biking tours and use of cable cars, tennis courts in summer. Additional guided tours with the hotel owner include trips to local organic farms. The hotel is selected member of: Health & SPA Premium Hotels, AllergyProfis - hotels & restaurants, Family Salzburger Land, Bio Paradies Salzburger Land, Autriche pro France Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Theresia Gartenhotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Theresia Gartenhotel Saalbach
- Theresia Gartenhotel Hotel Saalbach