Kristall Hotel
Hotel eva,VILLAGE(Saalbach-Hinterglemm)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Neuhaus Superior(Saalbach-Hinterglemm)
View Hotel
Alpinresort Sport & Spa(Saalbach-Hinterglemm)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2010

First of all I have to say that the bad reviews mentioned here are definitely not right! We are a group of friends travelling together every year. We were at the Kristall Hotel for several times and the quality of food rooms and service is extremly high. Everybody working at the Kristall was very friendly and hard working just to make our stay a pleasent one.

We know those people who complain here very well. They don't behave properly. In which restaurant in the world can you take your own drinks with you. I don't think that this is a serious critique.

When I read this I feel very sorry for the Kristall Hotel, because of the wrong reviews!

Guys! I can tell you! If you want to go on a perfect holiday - book a flight an check in in the best Hotel in Saalbach! You'll have a great time there.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2010

First impression was very good, but after a while we just got worse impression of this place. First of all, the rooms were nice an clean. Breakfast was good, but we were there early every morning. Dinner was usually good if we were there at the right time ...
Staff was attentive and friendly at first, but eventually it changed it to the opposite. After a few days we felt like we were at summer school in hell. They were rude and was angry if we did not do exactly as they said. The hotel bar was open when their felt for it. In the basement there was table dance, which was also managed and owned by the hotel, in the same style. Cheap an unfriendly. Stay away from this place. I know I will.

• Stayed: February 2010
1  Thank redscorp
Reviewed March 12, 2010

After we had already booked this hotel for our ski holidays with a couple of friends, I ran across all those terrible reviews of the guests. I wazs expecting the most terrible vacations ever, but.... You know what, the hotel was full and many of the guests didn't even bother to brush their teeth and hair before going to breakfast! They were attending almost in their PJ's and I wouldn't be surprised to know that most of the complaints came straightly from the persons of that sort. We were the only Russians in the hotel and me and my husband were the only vegetarians there. When we refused the dinner menu offer that contained meat, the girls immediately understood what was the reason and since then the chef always cooked various vegetarian meals for us, which were always deliscious and lovely presented. That special care was really touching and thoughtful. About the staff: we spent 8 nights in the hotel and it all that long time there were only 4 young women doing everything about the service. They worked 24 hours a day. Oh, yes, they didn't bow down when to greet us apres ski, but they were always caring and helpful without being too nice (sooooo nice that you feel - they fake!) I loved this sort of decency and I didn't feel "uncared" a minute of our stay. Of course, 4 star Kristall has nothing in common with, say, Hotel Crillon in Paris which is also 4 star, but I have found everything I needed from a ski-hotel: spacious and very warm rooms, perfectly clean bathrooms (yeah, they were not as big as ones in hotels of Vegas, but would you remember any big bathroom in London?), proper breakfasts with unlimited damn eggs, a ski-room and PERFECT location, just steps away from everything! Nevr needed anything more then that!
I loved Kristall and I would definitely go there again! Who doesn't agree, please go and wash your face before judging!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2010

Don't go here !!! Bad and unfriendly service. You don't feel a gast at this hotel at all.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2010

Hotel Kristall is one of those establishments that thrives due to its location rather than for being a well rounded travellers delight.
Located within a 2 minute walk to the main resort ski lift is an absolute blessing for anyone walking in cumbersome ski boots. The resort facilities are all easily accessible and the hotel is just far enough out not to be on the receiving end of late night yodelling from the apres-skiers. Rooms were clean, spacious and warm and well maintained. One of the light bulbs 'popped' on my first night and before I had a chance to report it, it was replaced. The ski room had a heated boot rack and although a bit crowded during the morning rush hour was more than adequate.
So that's the good stuff, but there's plenty of downsides to this place. The overall ambience felt a bit stilted, with no real effort made to make guests feel welcome. My plane was delayed for over 4 hours so I didn't arrive at the hotel until after midnight. I was told by the rep that there would be a 'cold plate' left in the room, but there was no sign of it. However, with hindsight this was no bad thing as the food was really poor in this place. Breakfast was a very token effort with no end of bread rolls with cheese and ham. There was a serious shortage of eggs and there seemed to be an attitude of 'if you want them get up earlier.' No thanks - when I'm on holiday I prefer not to rush out of bed just to have a boiled egg. Then there was the evening meals and to me this is where the hotel really let it self down. It was really poor, to the extent where I wondered if they actually employed a chef and it wasn't just the waiting staff doubling up. Soup was thin and tasteless, starters miniscule and the main courses were bland and uninspiring. The vegetarian option consisted of extra carrots instead of pork. One evening we were given the choice of steak or a fondue. Bizzarely the fondue was going to cost extra so I went for the steak, only to find that it wasn't steak but yet another wedge of pork with chips and no other accompaniments. The 'Around the World Buffet' was a fine example of how to serve dried up school dinners and the final meal which was billed as 'Gala Dinner' was anything but. Guests were instructed to be in the restaurant for 7pm sharp for the 'extravaganza' which was exactly the same as every other night, except the lights were dimmed and two of the waiting staff wore traditional coustume. The waiting staff worked hard to upsell drinks from the bar, which was strange as it was never open when you wanted it. On an occassion one of my fellow guests was seriously rebuked by the waitress for having brought one of her own drinks to the table. The drink was snatched from the table with the phrase 'I'm sick of guests bringing drinks to the restaurant,' before storming off in a strop. I made the mistake of asking for tap water before receiving a look that would've froze the Danube and being instructed that if I wanted water I would have to pay for it. I made the mistake of asking for tap water before receiving a look that would've froze the Danube and being instructed that if I wanted water I would have to pay for it. Not at over a fiver a small bottle I’m not.
For good measure the sauna and swimming pool were both cold, while the sun bed looked as though it was left over from the 60s- not exactly what you need after a chilly day on the slope
So overall if you went board only to this place it would’ve been a much better experience. I suspect that the old enemy of complacency has set in and as its rated in the travel brochures as 4 star I can’t really recommend it. Like my school reports - must try harder.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends