“Rude waiters; average food. An Italian version of Fawlty Towers, without the humour.”
Review of La Trattoria

La Trattoria
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Reviewed April 7, 2018

My friend and I were rendered literally speechless when one of the waiters wrenched a jar of chilli oil out of my friend's hand *while he was actually using it* because, the waiter said, another table wanted some.

Another waiter took the bowl of fresh chillies we'd ordered separately, without asking if we had finished with it. When we asked him to return it, he went back to the kitchen, tossed the chillies out, and brought us back the empty bowl.

As we were paying the bill, the waiter asked if we wanted to leave a tip. I said no, we didn't.

In a genuine effort to be helpful, I explained - as politely as I could - why we had decided to leave no tip.

His only response was a look of blank contempt.

I can only agree with the many other reviewers whose dreadful experiences at La Trattoria sound uncannily similar to ours.

Unless you're a starving masochist with a penchant for being sneered at by excessively-gelled waiters, I'd strongly recommend you to eat elsewhere in Saalbach.

Anywhere else.

1  Thank Malcolm A

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

Very very rude waiter. Ruined the meal and made offensive comments, when we said we’ll be sharing our experience on tripadvisor - he said you think anyone caress about what customers think? And laughed.

Avoid at all costs.

2  Thank OllieKG_2014
Reviewed March 12, 2018

Rude and abusive. Don’t bother, unless you enjoy abuse. They will scam you and give you verbal abuse for not paying fake bill. Never, ever, visit this place.

1  Thank Kris W
Reviewed March 7, 2018

We ate there several times and were sastified each time.

The restaurant was always busy – it’s a good sign, and it’s recommended to reserve a table.

Otherwise you can wait for up to 30mn by the entrance!

The manager, Guilio, is charming and friendly and has a great sense of humour.

The restaurant has a great atmosphere; there’s a happy noise from the customers and the open kitchen.

Food is excellent, portions generous and prices very good.

The service is fast and the waiters are smiley and patient despite being very busy and always on the move.

The restaurant is very well located, right in the center of the village, in the main street and is attached to an hotel.

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

The evening didn’t start off top notch as we didn’t get a table as reserved. While we were waiting we were offered a foccacia to ease the wait. Once seated we were looked after with extra attention. Our youngest son was offered a larger portion to compensate for the ”extra” hunger developed during the wait. At the end of dinner we were offered free desserts to compensate for the wait. I so positively surprised by all the attention that the initial wait felt worth it :)