I stayed at this hotel some time ago, on a quick break following a particularly busy period. I booked at the last minute, and stayed alone, which was a new experience, but still really lovely.
- The manageress here is just wonderful. On one day I slept late, and she actually brought some breakfast up to my room as I'd missed it in the dining room. They've got the balance between family run and small business just right.
- The hotel is really well located. It's only a short walk into town, and a short walk to the cable car which takes you up the mountain. It is next door to a fuel station, but I didn't notice any noise and it's open longer hours than most other shops.
- The hotel was very clean and tidy, with my room being clean, bright with lovely crisp sheets.
- The hotel is only a stroll from the train station with connecting trains to Jenbach and further to Salzburg - the sight of a steam train rolling into the valley is a really very special one indeed.
- One thing that I hadn't realised was that Austria in the spring seems to be full of elderly people. I hadn't been expecting an 18/30 holiday, but I was surprised to find myself one of the youngest in town.
I loved my stay here, and remember it very fondly. I don't tend to go anywhere twice, but I'd certainly consider returning to this charming little place.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Garni Obermair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Obermair Hotel Mayrhofen