“Excellent family hotel”

Alpendomizil Neuhaus
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Mayrhofen
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed in the landhaus part of the Neuhaus hotel which is 2 mins across the road from the main hotel. We were very concerned about the rooms after reading earlier reviews. However we shouldn't have worried, whilst the bathroom decoration is a little out dated the room was very spacious for the four of us (2 adults, 2 children) with a large balcony. We had a room on the right hand side, on the top floor which consisted of a bathroom, bedroom with loads of storage and hangers, hall with hanging space and shoe rack & balcony. The food was excellent, both breakfast and dinner and the service very friendly. The ladies on reception were especially helpful. The odd time we spent around the pool was very relaxed with numerous sunbeds, swinging chairs etc On the downside I agree with others comments - expensive wine, wifi was priced per device, outside pool unheated and far too cold. On the whole I would recommend the hotel it was a great base for an active holiday in beautiful surroundings.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have been in some hotels in Mayrhofen and this one is the best.
Super+ rooms food and hospitality.
The regular spa (family spa) is not so Equipped and luxurious.
The rooms are new and very well Equipped .
The wi fi is not working well and it was expensive .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank nir_b6
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel is not easily to be found. The name Alpendomizil is neither recognised by other hotels’ staff nor properly displayed on the hotel itself. We even passed the building twice before realising that it was it. Search for the name Neuhaus instead.
The hotel is located next to the railway station, bus stop and the main road but the walls and windows are well isolated.
Our room was very comfortable, clean and spacious.
Several remarks:
- Breakfast: a buffet, a lot to choose from but lacked warm dishes apart from eggs and pancakes. Scrabbled eggs with a strange taste (but not to offen to be tasted because their container was practically constantly empty).
- Dinners scrumptious.
- The internet connection (additional 20€ per week) not reliable. Despite sufficient WiFi coverage the connection went down every several minutes.
- The interior playground fabulous. Our children (4 & 6) loved it.
- The outside playground rather old and one could expect it should be renewed.
And one last sentence about Zillertal. We had a pleasant weather and had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Staying here was quite an experience.
The worst thing was the dining room, which was very large, hot and noisy - you could hardly hear yourself speak.
The food itself was very good when it arrived, but the service seemed to be totally random and you have to be careful to make sure the courses arrive in the right order.
Bottles of wine start at about 24 euros, so it's quite expensive.
We had one of their larger rooms which was very nice, but due to its length and the window being at the far end - rather dark. This wasn't helped by the use of 25w light bulbs.
The outside pool was quite cold, but you got used to it. The indoor pool was much warmer.
The position of the hotel at the bottom of Mayrhofen is good as the station and bus terminal are nearby - you have to get on the bus at the start because they do get very full.
We grew to love the hotel during our week there and the mountains around Mayrhofen are amazing.
If the dining room temperature and service could be sorted out then this would be an excellent hotel. For now it is unlikely that we will return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TripMember08152016
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have booked one bedroom apartment. The building is across the street from the hotel Neuhaus and in the center of the town. I can't remember clearly if it was on the 2 or 3rd floor but nonetheless there was an elevator. The building is modern, apartments very clean and well planned. Kitchen has very nice table with corner benches and balcony, stove is very modern, induction style. Bedroom spacious enough to put in big baby cot and big closet. If remember correctly the outside shutters were electric and it was really convenient.
Bathroom with big walk-in shower and 2 sinks, very clean. Whole apartment was modern and new.
The only downside was Internet that you had to pay for in the hotel reception and only then get a password. Ad it was quite expensive so I didn't use it. Except that, all was really tip-top.
However, the price was steep and finding out later that I could have a apartment room for 1/3 of the price half a kilometer outside of the town devalued my experience. Fact, the other place wouldn't be so modern but still...
Concluding, if someone likes to be in modern accommodation and in the middle of town plus is single or couple, I can recommend. For longer stay with kids, there are better, cheaper options.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Just back from this hotel. The hotel is big and busy but other than at meal times this is not the impression you get. Our room was very nice and very comfortable. It was spotlessly clean. It was in the annexe which was accessed via a series of gloomy underground passages and a couple of lifts. An odd arrangement.

The garden was pleasantly laid out and the leisure facilities looked to be decent. The food was very good. The caveat in all of this was the service. Staff were pleasant enough but their service was inconsistent. Much depended on where you were sitting in the dining room; some guests would have had no issues at all whilst others would have had our experience. Some nights the service was excellent, others it was slow/unreliable. It struck me that there did not appear to be a system that was adhered to and that in the area we were in nobody seemed to be directing affairs so that there were delays and used dishes left lying as you started a new course. Perhaps more staff would have helped. The young waitresses were good but our waiter seemed to be the root of the problem. He would take your order and then disappear or dart about from table to table without checking to see if the meal had arrived.

In the terrace area, where the entertainment was, again female staff were really nice but the could not be said for all of the male staff one of whom was actually a bit rude in his manner.

Stay at this hotel, it is very good but get on the case of some of these male waiters!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank daj56
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Just returned from a week in in Mayrhofen staying at the Neuhaus. Which I found was excellent the decor and the helpful staff was outstanding, as I had taken my mam with me. I booked two single room. But I we signed in they give us a family with a small lounge with all the comforts of home. I had my own bedroom, both bedrooms had en-suite bathrooms with shower an bath. Also both rooms have 42in HD Tvs. Which had English channels.

I can highly recommend this hotel and the resort of Mayrhofen. Some of the reviews I had read. They must have just been unlucky. As I have been going there for over 12yrs and never had a bad holiday. I the hotel staff courteous and friendly. Plus I can say the same for the people of mayrhofen.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family