“Welcoming”

Ranked #1 of 93 Mayrhofen B&B and Inns
Leeds
“Welcoming”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed here in February for a weeks skiing and snowboarding with my son for his 13th birthday. We arrived quite late due to weather conditions but we received a very warm welcome from Christina who, despite the late hour, went out of her way to ensure we settled in straight away with no fuss.

Both Markus and Christina were excellent hosts and nothing was too much trouble. Whether it was letting us use the kitchen to prepare our packed lunches or giving us the benefit of their local knowledge regarding off piste activity, they were always friendly and helpful and often worked late into the evening to ensure everyone staying with them received the very best hospitality.

Breakfast was always excellent quality with a varied selection of local meats and cheeses as well as traditional breakfast cereals. Our room was big enough for us both with everything finished to a high standard. There is also a heated ski, snowboard and boot store in the basement which was more secure than those in the hire stores and with only a 10 minute walk to the Penken lift, it's worth it.

Overall, we had a fantastic 'father and son' week and I would recommend Mayrohofen as having some of the best pistes and snow conditions I have experienced and as for the Alpin Garni Eder? 6 stars!

When I return to Mayrohofen, I shall stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2012

This is a rather late review (a year late) but we have such fond memories of this place and the hosts! They were very welcoming and made our stay a real pleasure. The rooms were comfortable and well looked after. The pension was small which made it feel like a home from home. The hosts really made an effort to get to know you and help you with whatever you need. Which made you feel especially welcome! We will definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed here three times now, skied here in winter twice and loved the warm comfortable and welcoming feel to the place. I liked it so much that when I decided I would go walking this summer I just emailed Christina and booked directly through her without even thinking of anywhere else. I am so pleased I did. She remembered me from when I stayed in February and gave me the same lovely room. Every morning at breakfast we had a little treat in our place in the breakfast room, some cake or fruit salad, lovely little touch. The buffet breakfast was great with fresh fruit, cereal, meat, cheese, option of boiled eggs, as much tea, coffee and juice as you would like.
As it was so quiet in the off season walking, Christina made a real effort to make sure we were going to have a great week giving us ideas on walks we should do and restaurants to eat in for that evening. Everything she suggested was great. She is a wonderful host and I feel she tries incredibly hard to make sure all her guests have the best week they can possibly have.
All in all, I can't fault this hotel, wonderfully, clean, friendly and personal. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2012

After my rather disastrous experience last year I was apprehensive about going somewhere that I could find no online review for. However I have to say I could not have been more happy with my stay at Hotel Eder through Crystal Ski.

It is a privately owned and run B&B with the option to upgrade to HB taking evening meals at a local restaurant which we did. Groups no larger than 4 are allowed so it ensures a pleasant and non rowdy experience!

We were met upon arrival with a warm welcome and sit down in the dining area with a shot of a local spirit by the owners Marcus and Christine Eder who are so lovely and welcoming. We were then shown our rooms that were decorated to a very high standard... and we had the loft conversion which is massive with a stunning view... so far so good! We took a stroll down to the restaurant where we would be having our meals which is a lovely little place close to the B&B where again we had a fantastically warm welcome and a HUGE 3 course meal... I struggled to eat all of the food every single night even though it was amazing and freshly cooked. A different soup to start every night and then a vegetarian or meat option for main and then a desert, lovely!

The Breakfast is a cold buffet, with a choice of eggs cooked fresh for you a different way each morning accompanied with the weather forecast for the day, tips and hints of where to go and always a big smile. There was a variety of food, and never a chance of running out if you like to have a little lie in after a few drinkies the night before!

The B&B is less about 5 mins walk from both of the gondolas in Mayrehofen but not in the town centre so lovely and quiet at night time. And if you don't want to walk into town every night, they have an honestly fridge that is always stocked with soft drinks and local beer for a small charge per drink! There is a locked but communal ski and boot room with heated boot rails... Literally the only thing I could possibly fault this place for is there was not enough storage for Kit... but then you can pay a small amount if you go with Crystal to keep your kit in their offices which is right next to the main gondola.

Mayrehofen is great, snow was exceptional for the skiers and boarders in our group. I would highly recommend the resort and can not speak highly enough of Hotel Eder, it was 5* in every way in my opinion.

Room Tip: Go for the loft room if you can, its worth it for the chilling space and the view!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Cirencester
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Have just returned from an amazing two week summer break in Mayrhofen - last week of August and first week of September. We stayed at the Alpin Garni Eder which can only be described as perfection. Just a short stroll from the restaurants and facilities of he town centre yet in a peaceful wooded location with views towards the Ahorn. Room 7 was spacious and clean with a large double bed, sofa and table, en suite shower room and balcony. From the minute you arrive you are made to feel very welcome by your hosts, Christine and Marcus and nothing is too much trouble. Breakfasts were great and always accompanied by the weather forecast for the day and suggestions for trips/walks. Christine's forecast was normally correct within an hour or so - a future with the BBC possibly. Do not think for one minute that Mayrhofen is just for the winter - out of 14 days we only got wet a couple of times and as a summer resort has all that you could wish for if you like the great outdoors. We are already looking at our calendar for next year as we miss the stunning scenery, great walks and Christine's infectious laugh and enthusiasm.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vanessa P
Wales
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Beautifully decorated B & B in an ideal position in Mayrhofen, on a lane leading from the centre to the trails through the woods. So away from the bustle of the town centre but only a short stroll to the many restaurants and bars. If skiing, recommend using the Crystal/Thomson ski/boot storage in their office at the foot of the Penken lift, good value for money and better than the lockers at the top of the lift because you will want to take the transport to Zell and Hintertux for away days, also highly recommended. Christine and Marcus are brilliant hosts and the breakfast is outstanding. Marcus has bought mountain bikes for hire this summer, including an electric bike. The rooms are top quality designer furnished, which suits couples and families because there is no lobby/lounge for communal use. But of course, there are plenty of cafes, bars etc in town for evening relaxation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I am a professional traveller, and have very high standards. So I was delighted that this B&B exceeded all my expectations. The couple who run the Garni Eder are incredibly friendly and genuine. The breakfast was extremely high quality, and was the breakfast room. The Penken and Ahorn lifts are a 5 minute walk away, as is the centre on Mayorhofen. The Garni Eder is on the edge of town, which is peaceful and quiet. It’s ideal, as most people want to come and relax once they have experienced the livelier parts of town. In all, if you want excellent hosts, delicious breakfasts and a quiet place to sleep close to the lifts, this is the place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family