Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews boiled eggs zell am see meats cheese glacier village bus ski sauna boot
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2019

We stayed here in 2017 and loved the place. This time was no different. Horst is a lovely bloke and a fantastic host. We had issues with Crystal Ski which meant we arrived 24 hours later than we were due but this was nothing to do with Pension Bergheil. The weather was terrible all week but we had all our home comforts in our room. This stay we were in room 18 which is large and spacious with a balcony. The bathroom has a shower and a large deep bath which is great after a day on the slopes. All the rooms have a strong wifi signal with modern TVs. This meant we could plug in the Firestick and away we went. If we go back to Kaprun again we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. Great value for money ...give it a go!

Phil & Karen

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed April 16, 2018

Ended up stopping here with Crystal after a long dispute, having booked Zell am See first (only to find out the lifts were due to close in Zell). Anyway, less about that and more about Pension Bergheil. This pension is located towards the glacier end of Kaprun in a great position just off the main road through Kaprun. You can walk the whole length of Kaprun in about 10 minutes so location couldn't be better really. We had a couple of noisy groups walk past quite late but they were just having fun walking back to their accommodation from I guess some lively Apres in Kaprun centre. As a family we had two rooms on the first floor, our room was actually a family room with Austrian twins and a single bed., The room was large but not a lot of drawer space so we used the bed for clothes. It was exceptionally clean and towels were changed every other day. Only small criticism was the radiator in the main room only just got warm and the radiator in the bathroom did not work at all (despite me draining them of air), the heating did not come on till around 4 so only just able to dry out gloves etc. It had door access to a large balcony overlooking Kaprun and if you walked round the side, stunning views of the Kitzsteinhorn. The kids room was smaller but comfy, clean and lots of storage, same issue with the radiators though, maybe he had turned the whole heating system down as it was approaching spring.
Breakfast was basic but always fresh with tea, coffee, juices, bread rolls, meats, cheese, jam etc. Hot boiled eggs available as well and if you were good hot chocolate..
The owner is very friendly and accommodating, early breakfast for our early pick up on departure day as well, again just a small criticism, the pension advertises a discount to Tauern Spa (see separate review) but owner said we were out of season and he didn't offer the discount anymore, also slightly lacking on local bus knowledge, but that did not really hinder our stay.
The ski bus stop was just a 2 min walk round the corner onto the main road, so really good for that, although nothing to do with the pension - be prepared to fight your way onto these buses as the local's don't give a damn and will actually pull off smaller children so they can get on and they have no idea of queing. I nearly came to blows on numerous occasions.
oops nearly forgot - for those still wanting to keep in touch with their social media, the WiFi is excellent.
All in all a great little Pension and I would recommend it.

Room tip: Room 17 on first floor is a large family room and great views over Kaprun
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Simon S
Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at this family run hotel. The owner is very friendly and accommodating, always ready to help and cheerful. The location is perfect: walking distance to the centre, restaurants and the stop for the ski buss is right around the corner. Breakfast is good. Beds are comfy. Would definitely recommend this place!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2017

We got a really cheap deal through Crystal and were expecting very basic accommodation, but in fact we were really pleased to have chosen this lovely pension. It is a simple, no-frills bed and breakfast but is spotlessly clean, warm and comfortable with a perfect location in Kaprun. The ski bus-stops and lots of restaurants are just a short walk away, ( a good restaurant is the Casa Bella, opposite Hotel Toni, and also Crazy Daisy in Zell am See)) but it was also really quiet and peaceful at night. There is a heated boot room in the basement, and a pleasant no-smoking breakfast room. They offered the usual Austrian fare including ham, cheese, boiled eggs if required, with fresh bread and rolls and lots of choice of teas or coffee, Also a choice of fruit juices and (tinned) fruit salad.
The owner (I think), Horst, was very welcoming and friendly and was up extra early to prepare breakfast for us on our last day as we had a 6:30 am pick-up.
Our bathroom was in the sloping eaves of the upper floor so we had a bath rather than a shower, but this was a real luxury for me - after a freezing cold day at the glacier there was nothing nicer than a soak in a hot bath. The rooms were cleaned every morning and we returned to find even clothes we'd left lying around were folded neatly and perfectly!
I really can't fault the Bergheil, and we will definitely return. I just can't see the point in paying hotel prices when this pension provides all you need.
It wasn't expensive to eat out in Kaprun, and we enjoyed the freedom and choice when and where to eat, so I would not hesitate to choose to stay bed and breakfast again.

Room tip: The rooms in the upper floor have a bath.
Date of stay: January 2017
3  Thank jessiesmam2016
Reviewed January 30, 2017

We booked here and the deal we got was the cheapest we have ever paid for our snowboarding winter break. That in mind we were expecting basic accommodation.

We were pleasantly surprised by the standard of our room. Much better than many places we had stayed in. The furniture was modern and the bed very comfy. Being a tech geek I was over the moon that the TV was a new Samsung smart TV which meant I could mirror the screen from my tablet. We connected to the wifi which enabled us to access our slingbox at home so we could watch our sky box on their TV ...result!

We were in room 21 which was warm and cleaned everyday. The only negative we would give is with breakfast. We would have loved the full english but breakfast is continental style. We did know this before we got there so no big surprise. Tea and toast it was then.

The owner is a lovely guy and always on hand to help if needed. The ski bus stop is just around the corner so easily accessible. We had a great week with sunshine everyday.

We would highly recommend anyone staying here. Please don't be put off because it is so cheap. I have taken some 360 degree photos of our room which I will put one when I get more time.

If anyone has any questions I would be glad to help if I can.

Date of stay: January 2017