Hotels.com
Vio.com
Destinia.com
Trip.com
StayForLong
All reviews boiled eggs zell am see meats cheese glacier village bus ski sauna boot
Selected filters
Reviewed February 14, 2017

We got a really cheap deal through Crystal and were expecting very basic accommodation, but in fact we were really pleased to have chosen this lovely pension. It is a simple, no-frills bed and breakfast but is spotlessly clean, warm and comfortable with a perfect location in Kaprun. The ski bus-stops and lots of restaurants are just a short walk away, ( a good restaurant is the Casa Bella, opposite Hotel Toni, and also Crazy Daisy in Zell am See)) but it was also really quiet and peaceful at night. There is a heated boot room in the basement, and a pleasant no-smoking breakfast room. They offered the usual Austrian fare including ham, cheese, boiled eggs if required, with fresh bread and rolls and lots of choice of teas or coffee, Also a choice of fruit juices and (tinned) fruit salad.
The owner (I think), Horst, was very welcoming and friendly and was up extra early to prepare breakfast for us on our last day as we had a 6:30 am pick-up.
Our bathroom was in the sloping eaves of the upper floor so we had a bath rather than a shower, but this was a real luxury for me - after a freezing cold day at the glacier there was nothing nicer than a soak in a hot bath. The rooms were cleaned every morning and we returned to find even clothes we'd left lying around were folded neatly and perfectly!
I really can't fault the Bergheil, and we will definitely return. I just can't see the point in paying hotel prices when this pension provides all you need.
It wasn't expensive to eat out in Kaprun, and we enjoyed the freedom and choice when and where to eat, so I would not hesitate to choose to stay bed and breakfast again.

Room tip: The rooms in the upper floor have a bath.
Date of stay: January 2017
3  Thank jessiesmam2016
Reviewed January 30, 2017

We booked here and the deal we got was the cheapest we have ever paid for our snowboarding winter break. That in mind we were expecting basic accommodation.

We were pleasantly surprised by the standard of our room. Much better than many places we had stayed in. The furniture was modern and the bed very comfy. Being a tech geek I was over the moon that the TV was a new Samsung smart TV which meant I could mirror the screen from my tablet. We connected to the wifi which enabled us to access our slingbox at home so we could watch our sky box on their TV ...result!

We were in room 21 which was warm and cleaned everyday. The only negative we would give is with breakfast. We would have loved the full english but breakfast is continental style. We did know this before we got there so no big surprise. Tea and toast it was then.

The owner is a lovely guy and always on hand to help if needed. The ski bus stop is just around the corner so easily accessible. We had a great week with sunshine everyday.

We would highly recommend anyone staying here. Please don't be put off because it is so cheap. I have taken some 360 degree photos of our room which I will put one when I get more time.

If anyone has any questions I would be glad to help if I can.

Date of stay: January 2017
2  Thank Wee Phillie I
Reviewed April 4, 2016 via mobile

Friendly staff and in good location but room tired and lacking. No tea or coffee making facilities in room. No hairdryer,no radio, poor reception from tv and creaky old beds the whole room needs a revamp. Due to the fabulous weather we were out most of the time.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2016

We stayed here for our ski holiday. It is a superb Pension. Location is excellent - 2 mins to the ski bus stop, 1 min to ski hire shop, 5 mins to supermarket and surrounded by restaurants and bars. The owner is friendly. There is a heated place to store your ski gear in the evening. There is an excellent sauna. Breakfast is fresh and tasty - traditional breads, hams, cheeses, yoghurt etc. Selection of teas. Really clean bedroom/bathroom, lovely hot shower. Bedroom never cold. Large balcony with nice views of the mountain. We will return next year. We had such a good time. The skiing in this area and on the glacier is wonderful. There are also some nice long runs on the local slope - the Maiskogel.

4  Thank Claire27
Reviewed March 8, 2016

We stayed here for a week in early March.

It's in a very good location. The bus stop to the glacier/Zell am See is about 50 meters away. The 'baby slopes' for beginners are about 100 meters away.

You're right in the heart of the village so amenities such as supermarkets, bars and restaurants are all nearby.

We stayed in a double room w/ bathroom. The bathroom contained a shower and bath. There was a problem with the shower head being quite low due to the ceiling, so if we wanted to shower we'd have to sit in the tub. Not ideal.

The room was basic but fine. We had a balcony with a nice view of the glacier. They failed to clean our room on the second last day which was disappointing.

The wifi was free (as you'd expect now) but the connection did tend to drop quite often.

Breakfast was served between 7-9. It was a buffet style breakfast with cereal, fruit, toast, nutella, cheese, ham etc. Tea, coffee and juice was also available. We were a bit disappointed there were no eggs any of the mornings!

The staff were friendly. There is a warm room in the basement to dry your equipment over night. We didn't make use of the sauna facility.

To conclude, it's in a great location and we only had small gripes with the accommodation. I'd certainly recommend it to friends.

1  Thank StarGazer84