Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews boiled eggs zell am see meats cheese glacier village bus ski sauna boot
Selected filters
Reviewed January 30, 2017

We booked here and the deal we got was the cheapest we have ever paid for our snowboarding winter break. That in mind we were expecting basic accommodation.

We were pleasantly surprised by the standard of our room. Much better than many places we had stayed in. The furniture was modern and the bed very comfy. Being a tech geek I was over the moon that the TV was a new Samsung smart TV which meant I could mirror the screen from my tablet. We connected to the wifi which enabled us to access our slingbox at home so we could watch our sky box on their TV ...result!

We were in room 21 which was warm and cleaned everyday. The only negative we would give is with breakfast. We would have loved the full english but breakfast is continental style. We did know this before we got there so no big surprise. Tea and toast it was then.

The owner is a lovely guy and always on hand to help if needed. The ski bus stop is just around the corner so easily accessible. We had a great week with sunshine everyday.

We would highly recommend anyone staying here. Please don't be put off because it is so cheap. I have taken some 360 degree photos of our room which I will put one when I get more time.

If anyone has any questions I would be glad to help if I can.

Date of stay: January 2017
2  Thank Wee Phillie I
Reviewed April 4, 2016 via mobile

Friendly staff and in good location but room tired and lacking. No tea or coffee making facilities in room. No hairdryer,no radio, poor reception from tv and creaky old beds the whole room needs a revamp. Due to the fabulous weather we were out most of the time.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2016

We stayed here for our ski holiday. It is a superb Pension. Location is excellent - 2 mins to the ski bus stop, 1 min to ski hire shop, 5 mins to supermarket and surrounded by restaurants and bars. The owner is friendly. There is a heated place to store your ski gear in the evening. There is an excellent sauna. Breakfast is fresh and tasty - traditional breads, hams, cheeses, yoghurt etc. Selection of teas. Really clean bedroom/bathroom, lovely hot shower. Bedroom never cold. Large balcony with nice views of the mountain. We will return next year. We had such a good time. The skiing in this area and on the glacier is wonderful. There are also some nice long runs on the local slope - the Maiskogel.

4  Thank Claire27
Reviewed March 8, 2016

We stayed here for a week in early March.

It's in a very good location. The bus stop to the glacier/Zell am See is about 50 meters away. The 'baby slopes' for beginners are about 100 meters away.

You're right in the heart of the village so amenities such as supermarkets, bars and restaurants are all nearby.

We stayed in a double room w/ bathroom. The bathroom contained a shower and bath. There was a problem with the shower head being quite low due to the ceiling, so if we wanted to shower we'd have to sit in the tub. Not ideal.

The room was basic but fine. We had a balcony with a nice view of the glacier. They failed to clean our room on the second last day which was disappointing.

The wifi was free (as you'd expect now) but the connection did tend to drop quite often.

Breakfast was served between 7-9. It was a buffet style breakfast with cereal, fruit, toast, nutella, cheese, ham etc. Tea, coffee and juice was also available. We were a bit disappointed there were no eggs any of the mornings!

The staff were friendly. There is a warm room in the basement to dry your equipment over night. We didn't make use of the sauna facility.

To conclude, it's in a great location and we only had small gripes with the accommodation. I'd certainly recommend it to friends.

1  Thank StarGazer84
Reviewed January 3, 2016

The service received was excellent.

We didn't need to send any deposit before arrival, but did confirm our booking in advance by telephone. I was then asked to pay on departure in cash. On arrival the owner Horst Englacher had left a note of welcome and the keys with instructions as he happened to be out. He left information about times for breakfast and need to take keys with us in the evening as the door would be locked in the evenings.

The room was clean and tidy and accommodated 3 people in a large split double bed ( common in Germany/ Austria) and a separate single bed. There was an en-suite bathroom with shower. There was plenty of loo roll and towels - although they were small sized.

Location is excellent for access to amenities around the resort including the ski hire shop (ski dome) which is opposite.

The breakfast was varied, wholesome and tasty and the surroundings pleasant. Horst spoke very good English and was exceptionally accommodating even getting up and organising breakfast with soft boiled eggs at 6.30am on our day of departure. I would definitely consider spending time here again. Great value.

There was a sauna in the basement which was part of the charge that we had agreed in advance but it wasn't practical because it was necessary to book to use it in advance and the sign on the sauna door asked that you tell Horst in the morning if you would use it that evening. Rather impractical when you don't really know how much energy you will still have after being out on the slopes nor whether you would then actually fancy using it. It was something I would have liked to use but I was with teenage sons who wouldn't have bothered using it anyway. I don't know that had I wanted to use the sauna that there was any availability for big towels to sit on or to cover up with. I suspect Horst would have been accommodating as nothing seemed to be too much trouble for him.

As for Kaprun, the Glacier was a short drive away and parking was excellently organised so that if you had to park in Car park 3 or 4 there was an efficient park and ride to the ski lift. There were official parking attendants directing you to the most appropriate parking spot without hassle of trying to find something and they arranged the parking so that there was sufficient space between vehicles making the departure straight forward (no one would block you in!). Buses were frequent and although we didn't use these to get to the pistes from our accommodation, it was obvious that this would have also been practical and simple should it have been necessary.

On the Kaprun piste the small farm / Gasthof called Maiskogelalm was quirky with it's Alpacas, pigs and livestock - especially as a caterpillar track quadbike with trailer was used to transport skiers from the piste to and fro when there was insufficient snow at the edge of the piste.

The artificial snow "Kunstschnee" produced decent pistes throughout - both at the Maiskogel Kaprun run and at Zell am See. Even though there has been little natural snow and we were skiing between Xmas and New Year this proved to be a great resort and worth considering. I would seriously consider coming back.

Date of stay: December 2015