“Do not eat here!”
Review of Baumbar Kaprun

Baumbar Kaprun
Ranked #11 of 44 Restaurants in Kaprun
Cuisines: European
Description: Baumbar, die Disco, sowie unser Restaurant bieten sich hervorragend an, um einen schönen Abend in gemütlicher Atmosphäre zu verbringen oder einen lustigen Aprés Ski Abend zu erleben. Genießen Sie auf der Panoramaterrasse mit Blick aufs Kitzsteinhorn oder im Wintergarten unsere gute Küche oder feiern Sie richtig beim Après Ski. In der Disco Baumbar können Sie bei den besten Events im Pinzgau die Nächte durchtanzen.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

On a recent trip to Kaprun skiing we ventured into this place for an evening meal, expecting good things but ended up leaving very disappointed. The service was slow and unfriendly, we could hear people at nearby tables grumbling about the same bad service. At on point a group of people arrived at a table beside us, after 20mins of no service they got up an left.
The food was average and my wife could only manage half of her pizza as it was of a very poor standard. When we asked for the bill we where left waiting for ages, the place was only half full!!
Only when we got our coat to leave did someone come over to us, for the first time in 10 years I left without leaving a tip, the Bar & disco might be worth a visit, but I would not eat in this place again even if the food was free.

1  Thank tatt2_75

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We had 4 pizzas here last week ander they were very good. Fresh made in the oven. Friendly service and reasonable prices. we willen come back!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

A caveat for this review: we went here with a very large group, and had our own DJ to keep the party going. I can't speak for a normal night at this bar.

But we had a great party here! Because the bar with dance floor is not very big, we had the party going from the first minute. As this place was far from our hotel in Zell am See, we had to stop around 3:30 - 4:00 AM, but it was still quite enough to shake out the legs and have some drinks. So if you have a larger group and can arrange your own DJ, you'll definitely like it here!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

If you will risk to eat/drink in Baumbar you will have the oportunity to spend at least one day of your holliday on the toilet, as I did. In august 2013 I order for 2 botles of beer for home (I was driving my car to the hotel) and I find out that the beer was good to drink only till november 2012!!!??? So if you ask for a glass of beer think about that you can drink an old, expired merchandise, just for the profit of the owner. It is good to know that the next day, when I ask the manager (a woman) for explanations, she didn"t give me any excuses, no sorry, keine enschuldigung, keine es tut mir leid. She only started argued with a waitress... You can have your own conclusions ...

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This place is just another proof that if you want to run a restaurant you must live there to watch how the staff behaves. We had the displeasure to be waited by a woman with a fake diamond glued to her upper- right front tooth. When we entered the place was completely empty. We were two and we were straight from the slope, so we wanted to hang our jackets on the at our table chairs as we haven't spotted any hanger, so we took a bigger table. She informed us the table was for 4 persons, but then she added graciously we could still sit there. Great, but what's the point in making such a comment in an empty restaurant if we don't need to move anyway? Then she took our drink order and other people started appearing - not a big crowd, just a few more families. The facial expression she had taking their orders made us sick. She then came back to our table to tell us our pizza had been burned and that we needed to wait another 20 minutes for the new ones. She said we could make another drink order. I made a comment that in this case the beer should be on the house, she simply said NO but still brought it and charged for it. Overall experience was very poor, hence the score. She did not get any tip which is very unusual for me, which is telling.