“Unique southern hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plains
Plains Historic Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Plains B&B and Inns
Venice, Florida
“Unique southern hospitality”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We are from Indiana travelling to Florida as we have for the last 30 years. This year we decided to see some sights we've driven past. Plains was one of those places.
We phoned ahead not knowing anything about the Plains Inn. We were greeted by Jan, the Inn Keeper, with great southern hospitality. The rooms are period decor by decade. We stayed in the Presidential Suite, 70's, so named because Carter was president in the 70's. The Inn is clean and comfortable. Breakfast is self serve in spacious area.
The people of Plains were friendly and ready to talk about their town and Jimmy Carter.
We will return again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We are from PC FLA. My husband wanted to surprise me for a wonderful get-a-way weekend. When we opened the door to the comman area I was literally taken back to a different time and era, It was like walking through a time portal. We are both history buffs and stayed in the 1920 room Even the books and magazines in the room for guest to read and enjoy were from the 1920's time period. I cannot say enough good things about the Inn. YOU MUST EXPERIENCE this for your self. Jan the Inn Keeper is a wonderful hostess !!!! GO to this Inn. YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY REGRETS. Jan we will be back!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Seneca, South Carolina
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We were in Plains for our second visit to hear President Carter at Maranatha Baptist Church. The first time, there was no vacancy at the Inn because of a wedding party, but we were able to get two rooms this time. We stayed in "1930" and our friends were in "1920". There are no words to describe this inn and this little town. The inn is imaculate, filled with beautiful antiques hand-picked by Mrs. Carter. You just have to see it to believe it. This is certainly the best deal around and an added plus is Miss Jan. She is a gem!!

Room Tip: There are seven room and each room is decorated per decade from 1920 - 1980. Just pick the era that...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Hotlanta
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed at the Plains Inn upon the resommendation of my mother, who was there three months ago to see Jimmy Carter teach Sunday School. Mom was right - it was a great place to stay! The rooms are decorated in hostorical themes, and I stayed in the 1940's room. BIG room. Really big room, lots of space with period correct furnishing (and modern heat/AC and TV). The common area was charming, with a great porch which caught a nice breeze and had a lovely view of the town. And it was a good value too!
The proprieter, Miss Jan, is a gem to deal with. She also is the person who runs Jimmy Carter's Sunday School class, and she will tell you everything you need to know to make your visit really memorable. I loved seeing Jimmy!
I HIGHLY recommend this place!

Room Tip: Check their web site - the pictures are quite accurate!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sandra E
Georgia
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Confession here: When I'm traveling, I slip into a rut. I like my predictable, reliable Hampton Inn. I don't like surprises. The Plains Inn reminded me that this, in fact, is an extremely boring way to live.
Normally, at any hotel, you have some nice, corporate young person behind the counter, reading a script. At the Plains Inn, your hostess is "Miss Jan", Amy Carter's 4th grade teacher. Yes, *that* Amy Carter, daughter of President and Mrs. Jimmy Carter. "Miss Jan" will give you an introduction to Plains that is second to none. If you stay elsewhere, you're missing out on a memorable life experience. And let's just say that when it comes to arranging for the best seats for President Carter's Sunday School lessons, "Miss Jan" is your woman.
It gets better. The rooms are massive: Think large junior suites. Each room at The Plains Inn is decorated with antiques in the theme of a different decade from President Carter's life, from the 1920s to the 1980s. But don't imagine that this (plus the location atop the antiques store also managed by "MIss Jan") equals fustiness. The Inn is fresh, immaculately clean, and charming.
You do have the option of getting to know other guests, if that interests you. Just hang out in the common area. I have stayed at the Plains Inn four times now, and each time, I have met fellow travelers who have fascinated me. Most recently, I chatted with a lovely couple who had established a program in Plains, PA, to fundraise for Plains, GA. They had even eaten supper with President and Mrs. Carter the night before. But I wouldn't have known that if I had stayed at the Hampton.Go on: Get out of your rut. You may be surprised by who you meet, and what a fantastic time you have.

Room Tip: Pick a decade. Any decade. They're all good. I'm working my way around them: 30s, 40s, 50s...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank GeorgiaSerendipity
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We enjoyed the inn and the little town, which if you blink you might miss. At night we met town locals and enjoyed lively political conversations and dinner at the diner across the street from the inn. Truly a southern charm and down home welcoming attitude.

Don't forget to try the peanut icecream!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank 7traveler777
MILLINGTON
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Our second visit was just as nice as the first. We love this B&B and hope to make many more trips to Plains. Everything is nicely maintained and the staff is friendly and helpful. Who could ask for more?

Room Tip: This B&B is like taking a step back in time. I love it there. If you want to take a lazy vacatio...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank R&MRich
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plains
Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel
#2 of 6 in Americus
Days Inn Americus
Days Inn Americus
#4 of 6 in Americus

Been to Plains Historic Inn? Share your experiences!