All reviews winter break dining room lake view salad buffet the bus half board winter walking recommend this hotel tower room small gym excellent hotel nice pool local buses big smile three hours small lounge area direct access
Reviewed June 26, 2018

I just returned from the most idyllic week in the Hotel Seerose. The location on the lake in the beautiful Fuschl am See could not be bettered. The food was superb. Most of all the friendliness and the helpfulness of the staff could not be surpassed. When I had a bad sore throat they could not have been more helpful.
The lake side Lido is lovely. It is an easy walk to many walking trails and the lake prom and the little village. It is a really quiet peaceful location. I travelled with Inghams and can also only praise them. It is easy to travel on the local buses and you can get to Salzburg on the bus although I chose to do the organised trip. I also really enjoyed the little boat that goes to the fishery across the lake. It is a nice outing to walk one way.
Lovely for a solo traveller as I was as everyone was so friendly and it is completely safe.
One of my best ever stays anywhee.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed June 21, 2018

We stayed at the Hotel Seerose in Fuschl am See which is about a 30 minute drive from Salzburg airport. The surrounding area is absolutely beautiful and the Hotel sits on the edge of Fuschl lake surrounded by mountains. From the hotel it is a 10 minute walk to the village bus and this takes about 30 minutes to get into the centre of Salzburg (22k) to Mirabel Platz. The cost of a single ticket is E5.80.
The best rooms to get in the hotel are the ones overlooking the lake. There are also slightly cheaper mountain view rooms but the views are not as picturesque. There is a very substantial breakfast at the hotel. You could choose to have some days on a bed-and-breakfast basis and eat out in the evening or some days have half-board. The evening meal is very good with a salad buffet, a starter, soup, main course and a desert.
There is a very nice swimming pool in the hotel, a small gym, sauna and we really enjoyed doing a lake walk which is 11 km and this took about three hours. There is some undulation in the walk but there are beautiful views of the lake, meadows, mountains etc and there are stops en route where you can get a coffee or lunch.
The staff in the hotel are absolutely excellent and promote a relaxed stay. There is a small lounge area/relaxation area which is in reception and there is an extensive terrace where you can sit having drinks or meals and there is a very large dining room.
This is a gem of a hotel!

Room tip: Book a Lake view room
Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2018

Very nice hotel in superb position right on the lake. Well worth having a balcony overlooking the lake. We had wonderful views in the evening sun. Delightful welcome by Denise. Other staff a bit variable and we were never really introduced to the owners. Our room was exceptionally comfortable and well-appointed. Excellent breakfast. The village was pleasantly quiet but probably busy in high season. It is in an ideal location for exploring the Salzkammergut and it is easy to get a bus into Salzburg.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael L
Reviewed April 11, 2018

We stayed for a week in January with family. The staff, service and food are all wonderful. The breakfast buffet is fantastic and the 4 course meals every night were also delicious - well worth being half board. The staff are so welcoming, friendly and helpful, they are a real asset to the hotel. The place where this hotel is really let down are the rooms, they are extremely dated, I'd guess that they haven't been renovated in over 20 years. The showers are tiny! I don't think I've ever been in one so small! A personal gripe was the pillows - the hotel only has one type and they are the floppy feather type pillows that disappear to nothingness as soon as you put any weight on them. I ended up with 3 pillows and this still wasn't enough to enable a comfortable night's sleep - some different types of pillows for us side sleepers would be great. Also the hotel allows dogs. Now I have dogs myself but they are impeccably behaved and would not dream of barking whilst we are eating. Often when we travel people are shocked when two giant fluffy Goldies emerge from under the table after we have finished eating. They are there, but you wouldn't know. To me, that is acceptable, they are dogs after all and they shouldn't be disturbing people dining. Unfortunately several guests had extremely noisy yappy dogs that just kept barking. If I was the hotel owner I would have banned any dogs from the dining room that were not able to sit quietly. Unfortunately our room was next to one of the dog owners so we were often woken up with noisy barking. Again - we have dogs ourselves but our dogs do not do this, so we know it is perfectly possible for dogs to be well behaved.
I would return to this hotel if the rooms were updated because it has a great location and the staff and food are amazing. I would have awarded a higher score but for me when I stay in a hotel I expect a minimum level of comfort, and that was not achieved. One other note is that the Austrians sure do love their fireworks on New Year's Eve - you get a fantastic display all around the lake as all the different hotels put on their own display, amazing experience. Overall we loved Austria and can't wait to visit this country again.

Room tip: All rooms have good views, we had people staying on every side of the hotel so I would not bother paying more for the lake front rooms.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Holsworth
Reviewed February 27, 2018

We had a lovely stay at the Hoterl Seerose. We were collected in the hotel mini bus form Salzberg airport. A great extra. All the staff were friendly and kind with the owners greeting diners personally. We opted for half board which was excellent with a varied and extensive buffet breakfast and a beautifully presented 5 course dinner each evening. We went on the Snow shoeing for £10 euro trip with the hotel taking and collecting us. Great fun. Recommended. The area was quiet (out of season) but we enjoyed a walk around the lake (about 10km) and we went out on the local buses each day. Excellent, beautifully clean and always on time. We visited Hintersee, St. Wolfgang am see (up on a cable car) and took a ride on an old fashioned style gondola. Austria and this region was thoroughly enjoyable.

Room tip: Balcony rooms with excellent lakeside views
Date of stay: January 2018