“Why hasn't anyone mentioned the food?”
Review of Seehotel Schlick

Seehotel Schlick
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Fuschl am See
Cambridge UK
“Why hasn't anyone mentioned the food?”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We traveled with family and had four rooms for three nights. There were so many excellent things about this hotel: first, the lake view rooms on the second floor were unbelievably beautiful. Our room, a partial lake view was huge, and the mountain view room was beautiful as well. But I must mention the food: we ate breakfast and dinner three days, and each time the food was surprisingly fresh, delicious, and perfectly seasoned, unlike the tourist places we ate in town. My parents who are extremely picky, were satisfied. They even applauded one night. Finally, Location cannot be beat.
Cons: it is an old hotel, over a hundred years in the Idinger family, so don't expect American, Hilton style new facilities. some of the floorboards are creaky, there is no elevator, and the wifi is free but works only in the lobby. But if you want a great value, Austrian hotel with unparalleled location, this is the one. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Our second floor lake view rooms were I think 231 and 233. Huge room with partial lake view was 227...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Pariswith3kids

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Czech first
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We had a bedroom view on the "ALM" instead of the "Fuschl Lake" view and were still very satisfied. Good price quality with very clean bedroom. We were only one night passing by and will recommend this hotel. There is a gorgeous little park just in front of the hotel with a direct view on the "Fuschl" lake. Thank you especially to the lady owner who was extremely friendly.
The breakfast and the evening meal were good............................................

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Gold_keys_63
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The Schlick is one of the Satzkammergut's older hotels and as a consequence expect the rooms to be larger, have higher ceilings, larger windows, semi-formal dining arrangements, starched tablecloths, crisp white bed linen, wide clean corridors leading to quiet public spaces, efficient service, wholesome food, gentile and helpful staff forever polite, a prime location on the lake side, a lakeside restaurant, a cafe bar, facilities for sport fishing and experienced know-how to help you get the best out of the area and the region, be that hill walking, mountaineering, hang gliding, musical concerts, historic buildings, contemporary European history or weaving table mats from wisps of a billy goat's beard .The Schlick is a very suitable base in the small village of Fuschl am See just 20 minutes from Salzburg. We have visited Fuschl over 20 years staying at 5 different establishments but preferring the Schlick when available. Of course some may be disappointed and some have said so as is their right, so if you'r seeking an ultra lively venue with oodles of bar life, cigarette smoke aplenty, fries with everything, invasive and oppressive friendship then do not choose Fuschl and please do not choose the Schlick. The staff always do their best to make everyone welcome but some of the guests are a bit more picky.

Fit and Able

Room Tip: If you are not a hill-walker request a room on the first or second floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank Rob D
Dublin,Ireland
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I've just recently returned from a wonderful stay at the Schlick. The hotel is in an excellent position right beside the beautiful lake. There are bus stops nearby where you can get the bus into Salzburg (approx. 40 minutes) and to St. Gilgen (approx. 10 minutes).
I found all the staff at the Schlick to be very polite, friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was always delicious and plenty of it. My room was a single which was quite small (as most single hotel rooms are) but that really doesn't bother me as I don't spend too much time in my hotel room. I got a glimpse into one of the double rooms and they look very spacious.
I would highly recommend The Schlick and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank Alli
Billingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I was concerned that the hotel wouldnt be able to meet the needs of four grandsons aged 13yrs to 24 yrs and two grandparents 70 ish! how wrong we were.The rooms were clean and spacious as was all the hotel.The food was plentiful and very tasteful.The staff and owners were very helpful we have been to Austria 11times and I can honestly say we enjoy our stay at the hotel the best.

Room Tip: explain clearly when booking what your needs are eg we needed a fist floor room for my husbands disa...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank jean w
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Superb holiday, excellent location , lovely clean hotel, friendly staff and the food was brilliant. Excellent value for money.Will definetly go back.Ivan& Nicola butcher.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ivanbutcher
Durham
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Just returned from Schlick Hotel and would definitely go back. It is in a perfect location and the view we had from our balcony was beautiful. The bedroom was clean with modern furniture, very comfortable beds and modern bathroom. The food is good but you have to remember some of it is different to English food. There is only a choice from 2 main course but we didn't have a problem with that, there was always something we could choose from and we were never hungry, in fact a couple of nights I couldn't eat the cake I was so full. Cata (not sure if that's how it's spelt) the lady that owns the hotel was very nice, she was always similing and went out of her way on more than one occasion for us. On our first night we had a problem with the shower and because they couldn't fix it or get an electrician she brought the required part from her own shower and within 2 days we had a complete new shower head. I took the wrong travel plug and she offered to get me one from Saltzburg. My husband is allergic to mushrooms so when they were on the menu she always offered an alternative. I don't think she could have been more helpful. There are alwalys things that you can pick fault with (even 5* hotels aren't perfect) but I think this hotel has more good points than bad. I would like to thank Cata and her staff for making our stay an enjoyable one.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Hotel Schutzenhof
Hotel Schutzenhof
#5 of 12 in Fuschl am See
Schloss Fuschl Resort & Spa, Fuschlsee-Salzburg
Schloss Fuschl Resort & Spa, Fus...
#1 of 2 in Hof bei Salzburg
Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg Hotel Jagdhof
Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg Hote...
#2 of 2 in Hof bei Salzburg

Been to Seehotel Schlick? Share your experiences!