“Good one”

Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Mondsee
Ramat Gan, Israel
“Good one”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Good one. The tea and the coffee are great we eat there the noodle chicken soup (the weather was cold and rainy) it was like the taste at home.
A lot of tourists but good spot to stop and drink. The prices was: 4.5EUR for the soup and 2.4EUR for the tea.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Overpriced, but Tasty”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The Guide on our "Sound of Music" tour directed us to this restaurant for "the best" apple streusel in town. The streusel was expensive for a small cafe in a small town (more than €5). I expected that, especially given the source of the recommendation. Nevertheless, the dessert was tasty. I recommend the sauce over the ice cream for an accompaniment.

• Visited October 2013
Miami, Florida
“NEVER GO! NOT WORTH YOUR TIME! TERRIBLE SERVICE”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was on a Sound of Music stay and we decided to stay in Mondsee at the almost end of the tour to wait for a taxi to return us to the hotel. We had an Hindu wedding to attend to. THe tour guide told us the best apple strudel were here!

There were 9 or 10 of us and we were exhausted from the last couple of days! We went in to grab a coffee in hopes of leaving soon but the taxi's informed us it would be another 45 mins. We decided to stay and eat.

The service was horrible! I walked up and asked the man ( owner - who works with his mother I pressume ) for 2 cappuchino's to go. He laughed and I then asked my mother who walked in if she wanted anything. We proceed to ask him for an apple strudel warmed up since they were so famous here. He came back and explained that is not how things are done in Europe. People take their time to drink coffee in pretty cups and are not always in a hurry, "Americans" came out of his mouth! ( In german ). I would take offense but you see he was very far off from what he called me. My mother coming from the Caribbean, my father having grown up in Europe for 40 years and speaking 7 languages confirmed his comment! The other 9 people were far from American, coming from India, Dubai, Singapore, and Bangkok. THe sad part is that many of them work in a service industry.

We proceeded to seat ourselves since he said he would not serve us at the counter. The woman who served us there was very apologetic for her boss.

We ordered everything from soup, to sandwiches, to tiramisu, to the 'famous' apple strudel, to coffee and tea.

EVERYTHING WAS BANAL. NO Taste and definitely not happy customers! I do not recommend anyone come into this and spend any money! It is a shame but I do hope that he only receive the kind of customers he is looking for!

A little history lesson, should anyone working there care to read about:

1. Coffee is one of the most popular beverages in the world, with an estimated 2.2 billion cups of coffee consumed globally every year.

2. Many specialist say coffee was first introduced (in the method in which we consume it) by the Oromo people. EHTIOPIANS!

3. In 2011 Brazil was the world leader in production of green coffee, followed by Vietnam, Indonesia and Colombia. Arabica coffee seeds are cultivated in Latin America, eastern Africa, Arabia, or Asia. Robusta coffee seeds are grown in western and central Africa, throughout southeast Asia, and to some extent in Brazil.

4. Typically Italians like expresso, spaniards like cortaditos, Frenchmen like cafe au lait ( coffee with milk ) and the Turkish take Türk kahvesi.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank anabellepaulino
Napier, New Zealand
“DO NOT GO HERE!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We went to this cafe on a recommendation from our Sound of Music tour guide who must get a kickback from the cafe because no one should recommend this place - it's terrible! The coffee was bad and the apple strudel was so unappealing that we didn't eat it, it looked as though it had been zapped in the microwave and then forgotten as it was hardly warm by the time it reached our table. Complete rip off!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Nicola P
SanFrancisco Bay Area
“Disappointing struedel and service .”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Thus was recommended by our sound if music tour guide as having the best struedel in Mondsee. I really hope that is not the case. The struedel was mediocre and the servers were rushed and unfriendly. Should have looked at reviews on trip advisor before selecting this place.

• Visited July 2013