We stayed here with colleagues on a short-ski trip. I shared room 304 which is in the corner and therefore had a bit more space than our colleagues. Room is ok and has a couch and therefore more storage space. Bathroom is big enough, and a separate toilet.....always nice in the morning when you don't need to shower in somebody else's kaka-smell :-)
Small balcony to store your suitcase. I didn't use it for any other purpose.
The hotel deserves its 4 stars:
- Although in buffet style the food quality is very good
- Nice wellness area
- Arriving the first day in the morning, we were allowed to stow our luggage and get changed in the tennis hall. Same with the departure.
- Free internet (only in the bar)
Staff could be a bit friendlier. There is hardly any eye-contact with them, and a 'goodmorning' doesn't belong to their vocabulary. Probably because there are so many....staff and clients.
The gerant of the dining area is very strict. We brought a bottle of champagne to dinner to celebrate a birthday. Mr. Bulley came to point out that this was not allowed and that we had to pay a cork fee. That was ok, but the way he brought it was not nice....rather patronising..
Also passing the closing time of breakfast or dinner was not to the liking of him, and you were commanded to leave.
This is certainly not a party hotel...so for a group like ours: 9 persons aged from 40-53 looking for some entertainment, go somewhere else. Not only this hotel, but the whole village is rather boring. Apres-ski hardly exists.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hunguest Hotel Heiligenblut is a hotel situated in the middle of the "Hohe Tauern" National Park, surrounded by the impressive scenery of mighty mountain peaks reaching higher than 3,000 m. Heiligenblut - one of the most beautiful places in the alps. Our house is a comfortable, snug, and sporty hotel in an ideal location in Heiligenblut. Here you will experience the culinary variety of a premiere restaurant, wrapped in the colorful diversity of a marketplace: it starts in the morning with an elaborate breakfast served until 10 a.M., And ends in the evening with first-class cooking. Our kindergarten, our own petting zoo, as well as the playground provide amusement for our little guests. For tennis fans we offer a tennis center featuring 3 well-groomed sand courts, one racquet ball court, as well as universal fitness equipment. Experience our "Glockner" bar and wine cellar, sauna and steam room, children's wading pool, tanning beds, massages, garage/parking, etc. For adventure seekers: hotel sponsored guided hiking tours, rafting, canyoning, gold panning, "Almhuttengaudi" (alpine hut jamboree), climbing a "threethousander" (3,000m high mountain), and much more. For your vacation and recuperation: whether you move mountains while hiking, keep your eye on the ball while playing tennis, or conquer wild waters, the HOTEL HEILIGENBLUT offers a wide variety of fascinating possibilities for leisure, sports, and relaxation. As of summer 2015 we are expecting our guests with more comfort and practical furniture in our economy and standard double rooms as well as in our gaubenrooms and family rooms. The natural, bright colours and the new laminate floor supports your well-being and the perfect relaxation. Furthermore you also find a comfortable sitting area in all rooms. With the LED TV you can choose among 36 television channels in 5 different languages or among 24 radio channels in 4 different languages. The Webcam-channel is a special service of us, which allows you to watch the most popular hiking destinations and the Grossglockner High Alpine Road in the summer and the middle station "Rossbach" and the mountain station "Schareck" in the winter. Our bathrooms are also more functional. More space, a new shower cubicle and a rainforest shower assure a better bath experience. We are looking forward to your visit in our renewed HUNGUEST Hotel Heiligenblut! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hunguest Hotel Heiligenblut reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.