“GREAT Experience for a demanding family”

Falkensteiner Hotel Cristallo
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Rennweg
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I hardly ever write a review about hotels but I felt that Hotel Cristallo strongly deserves one. It was simply a great experience for us given that the kids have a 5 year age difference and I don't ski.

The staff were helpful, positive, welcoming for our loud kids and spoke English! The ski instructors were motivated and CAREFUL! This made me feel very comfortable for my daughter who just started skiing this year!

I used the gym machines and the spa area and I was greatly impressed by the cleanliness and the premises.

The kiddi pool was a good size and had a good temperature. They even had a kiddi sauna and kiddi massage room. The kiddi club was just great for both my 4 and 9 year olds.

The 3 meals were abundant and of excellent quality. Only draw back is that I need to go on a diet. The kids got soup and no frozen stuff!

I have nothing to reproach Cristallo hotel for. Perhaps I would put a TV in the fitness area and I would introduce another class at 2pm in the fitness room so that the non-skiers like me have more choice.

I would go again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Customer_from_Hell

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were impressed by this hotel from the website - booked using Neilson, but chose to get independent taxi from the airport rather than the Neilson one - we saved >100 euro, but Neilson listened (well done!) and now have a cheaper company.
Food choices great - perhaps a bit crowded selection area ... but meals served to dinners were good. We didn't like the jugs of coffee for breakfast and asked for cappucino, and found out at the end of the week that we DIDN'T have to pay extra for this! We did have to pay for it with evening meals though.
Family suites spacious and clean and a good view.
Swimming pools good - choice of indoors and outdoors - connected. No children in spa area.
We aim to be back to ski from here - the summer facilities are great: the adventure park can be challenging for all ages and loads of good walks

Room Tip: Ask for cappucino or latte at breakfast - included (but not highlighted!)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank The3holidaymakers
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I’m SO glad the Cristallo didn’t rest on its laurels, but made our fourth stay as nice and memorable as the first. What I learned very quickly in my early travelling days is that it’s service that sorts out the best from the rest, and that a five-star rating does not guarantee excellence. Cristallo’s service is seamless – nothing goes wrong, the staff remember your name, there’s even a hand written welcome note in the room and you feel incredibly welcome throughout the stay. This hotel is able to cater to needs as varied as those of a spa/ski lover, an exclusive spa lover, a sulky pre-teen and a Dad’s princess. It’s a long list of parent-friendly touches I can give you – a child-care centre staffed by enthusiastic and even passionate young people, a spa area designed specifically for children, the childproof rooms, an absolutely amazing ski school, which, put together, is a godsent if you are either eager to hit the slopes or just relax in the spa. The spa, not to forget, is absolutely delightful – impeccably clean, spacious and preserving the adult atmosphere of tranquility. The spa masseurs are the best I’ve come across and massage for children an experience not to be missed. Four years ago, I would swear that food couldn’t get any better, but the Cristallo chef surprised me again. His food sings from the plates, and he gave the new meaning to seasonal and local. Ms. Lang, the embodiment of hospitality and hands-on management, and her team, clearly thought through the whole guest experience – from checking in in seconds to the rooms you don’t want to leave to the absolutely perfect service and excellent facilities. Truly, I love this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dragana O
Reviewed March 7, 2012

however if you are a couple then there may be more suitable places to stay. It is unquestionably a good hotel and the food is excellent quality from breakfast to dinner and the service great.
the spa facilities are also very good but be aware children can be noisy when in the swimming pool area, if you ant quiet then go to the sauna area as this is 'adult only' and very quiet.
the rooms are of differing quality and the main block is good if you get a room with a view, we didn't and war transferred to a 2-bed apartment in the older wing which was quite ordinary but quite spacious for two people.
i would have given this 5 stars if we had the family with us.
Also note the resort is ideal for beginners but limited fgor those who have more experience.

Room Tip: Choose main building if possible
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This year’s will be our fourth stay, and I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. This is a really great hotel, and of course it has comfortable beds with wonderful linens, spacious rooms, exquisite, absolutely fabulous food, but it’s the service that goes beyond everything else and makes our experience memorable – this is where The Cristallo gets it impeccably right. Nothing is too much for the utterly charming and helpful ladies in the booking department and behind the reception desk, whose true understanding of hospitality remained unparalleled for three consecutive years. The hotel is so much more than a sum of its parts, but: the location is just perfect, next to the amazing slopes; the food is exquisite, absolutely fabulous (Cristallo knows full well that the best way to get the guest on side is by feeding him/her so well); the pools are immaculate; the ski school for children faultless. Ah, yes! The spa. This I recommend! If you want to feel welcomed instantly, to experience proper guest service that can’t be faked and enjoy a truly great hotel, Cristallo is the right choice.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We had a very good holiday, our daughter loved kids club she stayed there after skiing till closing. very nice spa area, with different activities "infusion". Also food is very good, if special request they will make it specially so best place for a nice relaxing holiday with kids.

Room Tip: we were in room 71 whcih was very good not much view out of window but only slept in there.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SueEllenSomerset
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I have visited this hotel often over the last few years and I have to say I have never been disappointed. In fact, if anything it gets better. I have used the hotel as an individual and as a guest of a package tour company and found no difference to the warm welcome or the quality of service. Arriving last week at the peak of a Saturday change over period we were checked into our rooms within 10 minutes of our arrival with friendly smiles.
Welcome drinks were provided on the first evening with our dinner after individual personal greeting by the Hotel Manager or the restaurant Manager.
The restraurant is split into many smaller areas, enabling differing family types to be accomodated.
The hotel is perfectly sited for all levels of skier on the slope with its own ski hire and ski school, it has child care facility for those who need it with a seperate smaller child pool etc. for their sole use.
Having read the previous reviews anything else I write would only in the main be duplication.
In short I would recommend this hotel for may reasons and find it hard to be critical. In fact I am going back again in a months time.

Room Tip: The annexed rooms are only served by stairs, but then the price reflects this slight inconvenience...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank redleader2skipatrol
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rennweg
Falkensteiner Club Funimation Katschberg
Familienhotel Hinteregger
Hotel Trattlerhof
Hotel Trattlerhof
#1 of 16 in Bad Kleinkirchheim

Been to Falkensteiner Hotel Cristallo? Share your experiences!