“Great surprise, great taste”
Review of Bienvenidush - CLOSED

Bienvenidush
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 23, 2014

After 2 weeks in Panama this place came in the right moment.
We were sitting on the bar chairs outside overlooking the laidback streets of Pedasi, drank a bottle of dry cold Spanish white wine, ordered a fantastic chicken liver paté and a great humus with culantro, the local cilantro and had one of our best evenings in our 4 weeks trip.
Highly recomended!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

In the modest yet culturally rich town of Pedasi, an oasis of the taste buds sits quietly right off the Main Street. When I first walked into Bienvenidush, I marveled at the intricately creative decor -- looks almost as if Pinterest sponsored the design. It almost reminds me of a small tapas lounge//bar you could find on a spring afternoon in Prospect Park, Brooklyn -- except you're actually in a little paradise in Panama. Fish nets and fishing ropes cascade from the walls into sculptural murals, local artisans sell their love for Pedasi in small trinkets that rest upon wood-palette shelves, and Polaroids adorn every spare corner allowing you to glimpse the lives of locals and expats alike as they grow their own stories in this amazing sanctuary. Not to mention, the place is equipped with swinging seats on the inside and a beautiful wooden patio on the outside.

Now ... To The Food.

As an expat who mostly resides in Panama City (Casco Viejo) for work, I get to indulge in the latest delights from culinary entrepreneurs but ... I cannot think of one place that actually matches Bienvenidush, not only in style and product ... But also, delivery of something really unique in the region.

Home made chicken pate is seriously on the menu. Seriously. You can eat pate in the tropics and it's DELICIOUS. Serves with small pieces of toasted baguette, this onion marmalade, and an incredible Israeli-style, basil-based hot sauce (it's pronounced soog), you can rest assure, you will be satisfed.

Other noteworthy items on the menu: an impressive cheese plate whose variety and presentation would impress any king or queen of Europe. A beef carpaccio that is so tender and succulent with a flavorful lime and cultantro sauce lightly draping the dish blew my mind. You never get to eat this kind of stuff in the city and especially in this region.

Refreshing sangria adorned with pineapple and other fruity
magnets cools your senses and opens the palette. A fine selection of wine and other assorted beverages await for your choosing.

And while the lounge music plays a beat so inviting, you can sit back into a swing and enjoy a true treasure on the Azuero Peninsula.

Bienvenidush, you had me at shalom.

I will always come back to your humble abode.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I loved the atmosphere here. Walking in you feel right at home, which makes it easy to stay and pull up a swing (yes swing!) to a table, or sit at the bar and chat it up with Gali, the lovely owner. They serve great wine, delicious hummus, a large assortment of fine cheeses, and yummy extras like wraps with feta cheese, roasted peppers and spices. Oh, and when you're done be sure to ask for a truffle. Divine. I would highly recommend coming, and I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We highly recommend the place... Clean, tasty and excellent service. It's basically hummus, so if you're a lover of hummus, Bienvenidush is the right spot for you in Pedasi.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We recently spent the night in Pedasi and we ate at this very charming and welcoming spot. We found a nice wine list and we enjoyed a number of delicious plates of Mediterranean style food, prepared fresh for us by the owner. The chicken liver pate with onion marmalade was fantastic. We enjoy finding restaurants with such sophisticated flavours so far from Panama City. If we are back in Pedasi, we will definitely revisit.