“Train the staff and it will be excellent”

Playa Venao Hotel Resort
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Pedasi
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The hotel is not in Pedasi, it is about 30 minutes drive south right at a beautiful beach, playa venao. No banks, not shops, no atm, no gas, only one expensive mini mini market and a few hotels and hostals. It is basically a surfers beach, good waves, pittoresque environment.

The hotel has excellent rooms, with fan, ac, tv and great showers, from standard to suites, all nicely located and with their own porch. Large inifinity pool with beds, chairs, umberellas and a pool bar which was not open when we visited.

Hotel has a half open air restaurant, small menu, just one kind of red and white wine. Food was good, not great. Breakfast was good too, choice of cereals, eggs, fruits and yoghurt, all made to order.

Downside is the staff, good and helpful at check in, but exept for one guy, Herman and a Dutch girl they really did not understand what it is to work in a restaurant. Not a word of English, and even in Spanish things got complicated. If you finished your dinner, they take everying away, even your half full glass of wine. This is my advise, train your staff and this is truly a 5 star hotel.

One other minor point, some rooms, even the suites, have a door to the next room, makesit too noisy, you hear everything from your neigbours. Should not happen at $ 200+ a night.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Golfandtravelfan

Reviewed January 21, 2014

The staff is very courteous and attentive, although a bit limited. The scenic location will give postal card-sunsets and sunrise every day. The waves - it's a surfer's paradise; and if you're staying here you're in for a treat!

Room Tip: Ask for front entrance rooms, it's key!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Isic C
Reviewed January 20, 2014

great food and very romantic settings. sunrise and sunset are to live for. was there with my wife and 2 kids and we all enjoyed playa venao. the fact that is on the azuero peninsula overlooking the pacific ocean is quite an experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ElCiruelo
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Excellent attention to details, food is exquisite and surprisingly at a very good prices. The best place in Playa Venao to spend a day or to have dinner or a couple drinks is by the beach lounge/restaurant at Playa Venao Hotel Resort. I've spent a many memorable times having dinner with a friend, listening to the world class music and to the soft break of the surf. Our waiter (I'm sorry I forgot his name) could not be more attentive and willing to please us with our requests; that attitude is something that is very hard to find in the region and in most of the isthmus. Did I mention how good the food was? Splendid!
I do recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Miami_Gio
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We have spent many weekends in the area, and tried to find the name of a new hotel.... Came up with this. Wonderful pictures on the website, but we just could not figure out where it was or if was photoshopped. Believe me.... No photoshop. A relatively new and discreet (from the beach you would not believe the infinity pool exists never mind from the pool the amazing view if the beach!) resort. When you arrive you think that you are really in one of these dream vacation locations, and it does not stop. The owners are amazing, very friendly and just plain nice. Need help, they are there for you.

Good, healthy and gastronomique restaurant yes. The chef even comes out to see how you enjoyed his latest treat.

Service is exceptional from checkin right to someone seeing you walk to your room with your surfboard.... They come and carry it for you.

We had a wonderful vacation, unfortunately only 2 days, but a definite comeback.

And for water people, the pool is open 24 hours and the infinity pool with the most spectacular view of the Pacific.

Chapeau.

Room Tip: They all have something different. Privacy looking on to a lazy river, pool or garden view... Pool v...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank polarbearpenguin
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was lucky enough to spend another vacation at the amazing Playa Venao Resort in Pedasi. The first time I went was last December and we had such a wonderful time that when it was time for us to pick out next vacation destination, we thought we might as well try out Playa Venao again. We usually don't like to travel to the same place twice, but we enjoyed it so much the first time that we decided to go again. This time was even better! Not only did the staff remember us and treat us like part of the family, we enjoyed the amazing food and hospitality they gave us. Honestly is paradise and I don't have enough words to describe how much we enjoyed it. The mornings always started with a gorgeous and healthy breakfast overlooking the ocean, the days were spent with various outdoor activities like surfing, walking, and yoga. In the early evening we would take a dip in the infinity pool and then top off the evening with a 5 star diner. Like I mentioned before, we usually don't visit the same place twice, but I think Playa Venao Resort will be out vacation destination for a while!

Room Tip: Spend the little extra for a villa. Its worth it!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shirry d
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was here with my significant other, and I have to say this was the right place to go. It's beautifully romantic, serene, private and open at the same time, and just plain gorgeous. I felt a sense of courtesy, importance, and comfort while staying at the resort from the staff and everyone else working there. The stars were beautiful at night, and I loved the overall atmosphere and layout.

Thank you so much for making this trip perfect for my partner and I. I highly recommend it for families and couples.

• Stayed: May 2013