“No b&b feeling”
Review of Casita Margarita

Casita Margarita
Ranked #5 of 19 Pedasi B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed here two nights, and never saw the owner nor the manager, neither very engaged in the business. Staff don't really speak English, though they try. We lost power in the night and no staff were present, to help or explain. Next day all day no water nor power till 5 pm. No one seemed concerned that's just panama! They did pack a fab picnic lunch give chairs and towels and book fisherman to take us to isla iguana but neglected to mention we had to pay $10 per person to park on island in addition to the tip and $90 we paid them. Village us cute with lots of expats.

Room Tip: Fist floor rooms really dark and with no power very hot
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank pjsVenice
Ted F, Owner at Casita Margarita, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear pjsVenice

My most humble apologies that you did not have a pleasurable experience at the Casita. I am normally at the Casita every morning to greet the guests. Due to unforeseen circumstances I was not available for a few days. My Manager, Lupe and staff always make a extra effort to greet everyone and we treat our guests as Family, we missed the mark here and I apologize . As for the power, yes this time of year the power goes out often, we have a Generator to power the essentials but I was not in town to come in and start it during the evening. We have emergency lights in every room for contingencies but the generator cannot power the AC's .
Our goal is to provide quality customer service and I feel our reviews reflect that, I apologize that we missed the mark during your stay, we will learn from it.

Thanks for the candid feedback

Ted

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Wife and I stayed here for 7 wonderful days. Owners and staff are excellent. Hotel was very clean and well maintained. Ted and Lisa (owners) are fantastic, they helped us with places to visit around Pedasi, lovely beaches and sightseeing trips. Very good fishing and surfing. Good place to just relax and enjoy yourself. The Included breakfast was prepared fresh and something for everyone. I especially liked the banana pancakes. They have a Chicken cookout on Mondays for only $6.00 for 1/2 chicken dinner, which was delicious. Overall this most beautiful hotel is excellent and a good value. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent, very clean.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

What an amazing and quaint place. Guadalupe was so sweet upon our arrival. The other ladies were very attentive and we had the pleasure of meeting one of the owners. He was awesome. The place was very cute, clean and very charming. Food was homemade which was very nice. We spent the evening on the porch rocking in the rocking chairs watching the people finish up their street party. We met an amazing couple and had a very yummy dinner with them. This is a must go if in the Pedasi area.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had a great time and became friends with the owners! Very nice and lovely people!!! The hotel service was great. We'll definitively go back!!! People at the hotel really care about you and want you to have a great time.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed five nights and enjoyed every minute. Marcelino took me fishing two days, and we caught huge amberjack, albacore, pompano, king mackerel, red snapper and grouper. Sra. Millie cooked for us one night and I cooked two -- the kitchen is yours if you need it. Breakfasts are done well and hearty lunches are prepared when you want. Rooms are clean and cool, the water is hot, the Internet works. We'll be back.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here only one night but it was great. The owners are very friendly and helpful as well as their staff that were very patient with our attempt at Spanish. A special thank you to Guadelope that was very kind and helped out when I left my paperwork there. She tracked us down at our next hotel and scanned every piece of paper for me! So impressive. The rooms were clean, breakfast which was included was delicious (banana pancakes). The hotel is conveniently located on the main road. There is good speed internet on both floors, a nice balcony to relax and people watch. There is a welcome drink and an honour system for more which shows the integrity of the owners right there. I would recommend staying here to anyone. Thank you, Lisa and Kaisha

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our trip was in October 2013. We traveled all over the country in 3 weeks. Pedasi was initially scratched and then we put it back on our list and went for 3 days 2 nights. Wish we would have went there first. Area was great, it was what we were looking for in the other locations that we went to. Ted and Lisa made us feel like we were friends that had stopped in for a visit. Love the whole set up. Can't wait to get back. Next trip will be October of 2014 and there is only one place to stay, Casita Margarita.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple