“Sweet food and a sweet lady”
Review of Rosestrudel - CLOSED

Rosestrudel
Description: Dessert parlor . Lots of goodies . Icecream . Strudel. Cakes . Cookies .truffles . To many desserts to mention .
Reviewed October 15, 2015

We arrived at this shop in the evening and didn't realize they were closing down for the night. Rose said to come in but once we found out their business hours we didn't want to stay and impose. Rose still offered to serve us. W said thank you but that we'd come back the next day. As we left Rose handed a chocolate-covered Oreo to each of our kids so they'd at least have something that night. Very nice!

The next afternoon we arrived and ordered ice cream, a piece of cake, and a pastry. We chatted with Rose for a moment and thanked her again for the previous night's cookies. As we sat outside her shop eating dessert, she came outside with a fancy little box and said, "Happy Anniversary--ten strawberries for ten years". She had remembered us mentioning our tenth anniversary the night before (she had asked what brought us to the Black Hills) and gave us ten chocolate-covered strawberries. So sweet!

1  Thank toad94
sauer, Owner at Rosestrudel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2015

Thank you for your review about Rosestrudel sweets. Hope you enjoyed your anniversary in the Black hills. Life is sweet. Rosestrudel

Reviewed October 12, 2015

I had the opportunity to spend the summer and fall season in this wonderful little town of custer. Now it is my turn to reflect. The first time I tried Rosestrudel was shortly after she opened. I bought 2 muffins and a strudel. The muffins went into the trash. Hard as a rock! the strudel was good but at $6 it was not worth it for the size of portion I was given. The second time an associate was going to her establishment so i gave them several dollars and told them to surprise me. They brought me back a brownie. ASgain it went into the trash. Hard and dried out. I decided to give her one more chance before leaving this fall. I pulled up to park in front of her building. There she (Rose) sat SMOKING! I turned the engine back on and left.Three strikes and you're out in my book.

sauer, Owner at Rosestrudel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2015

My apologies for your sweets . And offending you with smoking out side . Yes when I open I did make some terrible muffins . I total agree . Wish you would of come in and talked to me .I have learned alot since the bad muffin week . Lol don't strike me out .

Reviewed October 8, 2015

Stopped in for an ice cream after a disappointing lunch down the street. The owner & her helper were solicitous of our wants and went out of their way to help us enjoy their goods.

Thank you for your kind review. Life is sweet . Rosestrudel

Reviewed October 7, 2015

OMG- the best pastries had in a long time.. the bavarian napoleon was yummy and the lemon bar was delicious
rose- the owner was so thoughtful and gracious

sauer, Owner at Rosestrudel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2015

Thank you for your sweet review. So happy my sweets made you happy . Life is sweet Rosestrudel

Reviewed September 26, 2015

Strudel made right!
Like Grandma made it! Rose makes all the yummy stuff (and there is more than just Strudel)
Big servings too! And the carrot cake was excellent as well.
Rose runs the business..She does it all and she does it well!
Even if you don't like Strudel, I can guarantee you will find some delicious treat to love!
So interesting that she hails from Hawaii not Europe or east coast.

sauer, Owner at Rosestrudel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2015

So happy you enjoyed my sweets . Life is sweet . Hiking the black hills with a few vookies. Great idea. Thank you for your review. Rosestrudel