“CRAP !!”

Best Western Buffalo Ridge Inn
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Custer
Reviewed September 14, 2007

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone .... It's crap !! The rooms smelt of stale dog. Even my kids noticed the strange smell. The bathroom was the size of a postage stamp. The whole room could have done with a real good scrub. Furnishing's are tatty. Small breakfast area in hotel lobby. Not enough seating to go around. On the plus side the hotel staff are friendly and polite and they do have a good fast Internet connection. There seems to be plenty of other hotels in this location and if you take my advice I'd try one of these instead. I would NOT stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank LynnClarke
There are newer reviews for Best Western Buffalo Ridge Inn

Reviewed August 4, 2007

We stayed two nights in early July. The staff was friendly. It was an OKay hotel. The room was small and the very noisy air conditioner was distracting, but I understand they usually do not get hot enough to use it , but 100 degrees was stressing the system.

The ice machines did not work and pop machines out of everything, both days. On a day that hot, it was not a good thing.

The free breakfast was very good.

Although I had made reservations 3 monthe before, I seemed to be in one of the only three rooms with no view, just the roof of the entrance .

If I return to this area I will try another place.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2007

Good hotel. Room was clean and comfortable. Nothing really outstanding, but nothing to complain about either other than maybe a little pricey. Numerous restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast area was small and breakfast was typical for this type of hotel. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank dhare12
Reviewed July 4, 2007

One of two Best Westerns we stayed in this trip, and I won't make that mistake again. We were placed in a room in a separate wing of the hotel- not connected to anything. The room was old, the towels were old, the hotel was old! Didn't really feel clean, either. Had to walk across a parking lot to get to the pool. Staff was friendly and pleasant though. Breakfast was a disaster- there was a bus load of people staying there, and they took over the entire breakfast space which was small anyway. We took what little we could find and returned to our room to eat. Coffee was horrid- we stopped in town on our way out to get real coffee. I would look elsewhere if they can't guarantee you a room in the main lodge area.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank kaholl
Reviewed June 18, 2007

My husband and I stayed here on a whim after 12 miles of backpacking through the Black Elk Wilderness. We've had consistently good experiences with Best Western before, and the Buffalo Ridge Inn in Custer was no exception. It offered a very clean room with a consistent rate that was no higher than any other place on a Friday night. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was fine, nothing spectacular, but sufficient. I noticed some personal touches like large framed photographs of the Needles in the Black Hills - thought that was a nice touch. Service was very prompt and went smoothly. If anyone plans to spend time in the Black Hills, I highly recommend staying in Custer instead of some of the other towns north near Mount Rushmore - I think they offer a quieter, less "touristy" experience with consistent lodging rates around town, and Custer is not far from most attractions.

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed June 16, 2007

We have just spent 5 days at the Best Western in Custer, SD and can honestly say after years of travelling it was the best stay we have ever had at a "chain" hotel. The staff were very friendly, helpful and accomodating, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were very spacious and expertly cleaned and refreshed each day. We were given plenty of assistance regarding the area's highlights by the staff and very helpful suggestions of the best restuarants in the area. If you want to enhance your vacation or even a short stop over in this beautiful area of SD, don't hesitate to stay at the Best Western in Custer.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2006

Nice location and rooms. Small indoor pool. Typical (but adequate) breakfast. Our room was nice and clean, didn't smell.

5  Thank chevytravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Custer
Comfort Inn & Suites Custer
Bavarian Inn, Black Hills
Rocket Motel
Rocket Motel
#1 of 18 in Custer

Been to Best Western Buffalo Ridge Inn? Share your experiences!