“The next great dining destination in Custer”
Review of Mac's Grub - CLOSED

Mac's Grub
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Custer, South Dakota
“The next great dining destination in Custer”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Custer has a lot of great places to eat. Yesterday evening, my wife, kids, and I decided to stop in and give them a try. Mac's Grub is up to the task.

Mac's Grub has excellent food,(we ordered some barbecue, roast beef sandwiches, fries, and chicken nuggets for the kiddie) great prices (I think for three entrees we were under 30 dollars), excellent down-home service, and indoor and outdoor seating.

If you are looking for a nice place to eat, do NOT forget to try Mac Grub.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank BlackHillsFamilyMan

Seattle, Washington
“Delicious food, great service!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I just ate here for the first time with local friends who have been there often. It was Saturday, which is smoked ribs night, and they were moist, tender, and delicious both with and without the 2 types of BBQ sauce. The ribs and other meats are smoked right in the back, and I had the ribs with the great fresh coleslaw, so obviously the reviewer who said everything is fried has no idea what they're talking about.

It's on the west end of town near the Super 8. Prices are good, the value is great, the owner comes out to check on you, and the locals eat here. You should too!

• Visited July 2014
“Below average”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Family and I ate here on our way back from Yellowstone. It was a disappointing meal, even without high expectations. Mt Oysters were fried and mostly tasteless, and the burgers weren't that flavorful. The fries were okay. Wouldn't go here again.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Ehh”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We read reviews on TA that sounded great. We were hungry for a burger and ice cold beer after hiking all day. They did not have Coors light or olives, so that was very disappointing to me. Everything on the menu was fried, so I was not impressed.

“Loved it. Best food in Custer and great service.”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Service good. Food great. Ribs are delicious on Saturdays. Burgers are my favorite in town. Owner even comes out and checks up on customer's. Prices are good not over priced.

• Visited June 2014