“Down home cooking.”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stopped here for lunch. They were very busy. This is a small place so seating is limited. Our lunch was great, highlighted by delicious peanut butter pie, and rhubarb pie.

2  Thank Stan S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,361)

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is such a unique and charming little restaurant which features homemade pies of all varieties. The crust alone is beautiful with generous fluted edges. We purchased a three berry pie and took it back to our vacation rental. We plan to visit the Purple Pie Place early into our next visit to the Hills so that we can indulge in more that one pie. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

1  Thank deeda c
Reviewed October 14, 2013

It's been four months and I still think about the pie I ate at the Pie Place. My family of five each had a different pie/dessert and we all loved them! A MUST visit place!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was a unique little place. The staff was friendly and food was very good. There are actually two parts to this restaurant the front serves various ice creams and "goodies" or you can go to the back portion for a meal. My companions and I all had the homemade chicken pot pie and it was very good and for desert we had the homemade pie which you can get ala mode YUMMMY.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were on vacation in Custer for the week of Sept 16th where we had flown in and had a family reunion with my family who had drove.We went there for dinner one night, I ordered the panini prime roast beef sandwich which I found tough and then being from the south, I am a peach lover. I ordered a piece of their's and it was the worst thing ever,no one ever taught them how to make a yummy,mouth watering,simple yet delicious peach pie.My sister had the bumbleberry and like it,I personally wasn't impressed with the taste.Unfortunately for us once was enough for us.I will say wish I'd ordered their chicken pot pie that looked delicious.

Been to Bobkat's Purple Pie Place? Share your experiences!