“A little slice of Heaven!”

Baker's Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Custer
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Baker's Bakery is a family friendly Cafe style restaurant that serves full breakfast and lunch, donuts, pastries, and espresso. Most everything is served on or with homemade bread. You'll Love Our Buns! Our hours of operation vary:Summer hours: Monday-Sunday 6:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.Fall/Winter hours: Tuesday-Sunday 6:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.January and February closed
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband I discovered this place last year while vacationing and we looked forward to visiting again during this year's vacation. This place is a cafe and bakery but we were really just interested in the bakery portion of it. Last year when the bill came to eight bucks and some change for two pastries my husband almost choked. When we got down the road with our two pieces of gold, and took our first bites, we discovered why they were priced so high. It's also what got us to return this year. The price went up though and those same two items were at least a buck more. I'm usually pretty frugal so when I'm willing to spend that much for two treats it says a lot about how good it is. One of the treats was layered with chocolate and peanut butter and had caramel and peanuts on top. One of the layers had something krispy in it (rice krispies?) and was amazing. The other treat was also layered and was kind of like a granola bar on steroids. If we ever get out that way again we will probably return to this particular bakery and maybe we'll even eat at the cafe too.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (970)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Well, we went here when they only had a week left in the season. The food was so good. I had a turkey croissant sandwich that was delicious. The waitress, Lauren, was working so hard because they were very busy; but she was so nice. Next time we are in the Hills, we'll drop by for lunch again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Unfortunately they were closing down in early October so there were a number of items not available on the menu. What we had was OK but nothing exceptional. We came there hoping to score some sweets for dessert but there was slim pickings by the time we there near noon. No complaints about the service as it was prompt and courteous.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had the Jalapeno Ranch burger, it has the freshest bun, the burger was cooked perfect, nice heat with pepper jack cheese and jalapeno ranch dressing. Also had bacon and onion crisps, and to add a bit more heat I added fresh jalapenos. Very good service, recommend

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place was great as well as our server. The Bakery is right there for all to see, homemade donuts (plain chocolate covered...yummy!) As big as your head cinnamon rolls and everything else they had. Let me tell you, if you want to try any of their sweets, you'd better get there before lunch. And I'm talking 11. They had quite a few things when we got there. I ordered my donut first thing. Everything went like wild fire. We watched people come in, look in the glass counter with sweets, they were empty, people walked out...Not happy. We also have Breakfast Burritos with Green Chili, so good! Really liked it there. They do close for winter though. So glad we were able to go while we were staying in Custer. Put it on your list! You won't be sorry.

Date of visit: September 2019

Been to Baker's Bakery & Cafe? Share your experiences!