“Wonderful Stew”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed September 13, 2012

A large restaurant with a fantastic view of Crazy Horse - plenty to choose from the menu, and I decided to go with the recommendation of the stew. Delicious.

2  Thank OttawaKenyatta

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I didn't care for the dining options here. Everything was high calorie, starchy, fast food fair. I needed some protein so I bought a hit dog.

2  Thank Tom R
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were in the area for 5 days and had a lot of bad food but their food was excellent. There is a variety of different foods to order and the service was great. I wish we could of had every meal there.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

When visiting Crazy Horse, you are almost overwhelmed that there is so much to see. Crafts and artisans at work; a huge gift shop; everything to do with the Ziolkowski family; taking the tour bus to the base of the mountain and more. And then you realize you're hungry. It makes sense to visit their restaurant. We were on a bus trip and the restaurant wasn't full when we decided to eat. We were a party of two, and for whatever reason, we were asked to sit with 2 other women. Hey, that's fine. That happened to me long ago at a restaurant in Europe, and it's a great way to meet people. The women were with another tour, so we shared our experiences. My sandwich was tasty, the fries were great; the service friendly - we were not near the window, so the Crazy Horse Memorial was in the distance, but we'd gotten a good look from other viewing areas and were booked on the tour to the mountain after lunch. Considering the number of people they accommodate, our lunch was perfectly fine. I'm pretty easy to please with such an experience. We totally enjoyed Crazy Horse. Someone staying a shorter time at the Memorial might want to be seated closer to the large viewing window, but I recommend the tour to the mountain to truly get a good look.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were visiting Crazy Horse so decided to eat dinner there.
We ordered the following dishes:
The blackened tuna - it was dry, overcooked and salty. Looked and tasted like it was a leftover from previous night and cooked twice over.
The buffalo steak - the meat was tough and overdone/dry. Very chewy.
The sirloin steak was over cooked although we ordered medium.
The buffalo stew with fry bread was decent. Probably the only dish that we thought was edible enough.
The salad bar was just ok.

Not likely to return for a second time.

2  Thank jkjldk

Been to Laughing Water Restaurant? Share your experiences!