“GOOD 2 HOUR RIDE”
Review of Rockin R Rides

Rockin R Rides
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We chose the 2 hour ride option and were pleased. We arrived 20 minutes early as instructed and we began right on time. They give a short instruction course first and answer any questions. They also take time once you're saddled up to take pictures with your camera if you like. There were several workers there so getting everyone on and ready didn't take long at all. They were good at making sure stirrups were the correct length. We had 2 young females guide our ride and both were very nice and pleasant. They learned each of our names which i thought was nice. We would have liked a bit more history or education about the scenery during the ride- it got a little boring on the way back. You don't stop and stretch your legs during the ride, so if you've never rode that long your knees will be tight when you dismount. You do not trot or lope- just slow walking in a single file line. The trail was nice and we saw several deer. I would suggest the early morning ride if going in warm months b/c the horses are fresh and it's just more comfortable in general. Overall- a nice peaceful relaxing way to enjoy the black hills.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband & I went on a 2 hour morning trail ride. When we arrived we were promptly greeted and offered bottled water and met up with our Guide (Erica). She gave us a quick run down of what to expect, what to do and what not to do all with a sense of humor and a friendly smile. Ours was the first ride of the morning (8:00) so our group was small with only one other person. It seemed like a private trail ride to us!

On the ride we saw plenty of deer who weren't even slightly afraid of us as we went riding by. The views were gorgeous and the horses were sure-footed, even on the rockiest of paths. Before we headed out on our ride, one of the stable gals took a pic of us while the horses were standing at the rail which was ideal actually. My husband, who isn't a very experienced rider, appreciate the "mounting steps"... easy to get on the saddle and easy to get off the saddle at the end of the ride.

I recommend Rockin R Rides to anyone. They are knowledgeable and want you to have an enjoyable ride just as much as you do!

Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

My kids and I went on a 90 minute trail ride. The reservation process was easy, the horses were great, the guides were great (but it took a little long to get going from the tour time). We went through prairie and forest, saw cool sites, switchbacks which afforded opportunities to take pics not only of the backs of my kids. I would recommend it to a friend.