“Nice enough” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Custer KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Custer
Custer KOA
Ranked #9 of 23 Specialty Lodging in Custer
Rochester, New York
“Nice enough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

This campground has them most beautiful bathroom I have ever seen! And it was always clean and tidy!

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The pool was heated.

Although it was along a highway, it was set back enough that road noise, other than motorcycles, was not a problem

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Helen_and_Mike_82

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

The KOA Mount Rushmore "lost" our reservation that I had made 2 months prior online, and because they were booked solid, we drove to Custer to see if we could find a site there. The staff was extremely helpful and sympathetic and found us a full-hook-up site for the night while we pondered our options. Pool is nice, sites are large -- in fact, the site we were given had the electrical box so close to the sewer port that I couldn't hook up both at the same time (first time that ever happened!). Good location, lots of trees and shade.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank TieTheKnotVideos
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I truly appreciate good customer service and Debbie in the office was tops! I accidentally booked this KOA instead of the Mt Rushore KOA in Hill City (they have more stuff for kids) since the names are similar. The hosts were very understanding and let us check out early with no penalty. We stayed one night, used the laundry room which was very clean, went down for the breakfast, and they even offered to let us leave our camper in the front area while we took a trip to Jewel cave (the Grand Magic Show is only a few miles away too). They will even deliver the firewood to your site and have a sewer service if you didn't get a full hookup site. I have to say this was one of the most customer friendly campgrounds we've been to.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 4Malli
De Smet, South Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We made a reservation for a large RV site for 5 nights at this KOA. We reserved weeks in advance. When we arrived, they asked me to fill a form and I handed my credit card to pay for the fees and they processed it but when I actually looked at the receipt I noticed that the last night had quite a signigicant rate increase so asked for clarification and the manager informed me that they were charging more for that night regardless of the quote I had in writing when I reserved!!. So I said that I wanted my money back and we would go somewhere else and he had the nerve to say that we could leave if we wished but refunds are only given 48 hours in advance to arrival date!! What a robbery! If you decide to go there check your bill line by line BEFORE paying. But best Stay at the flintstones or at a different KOA. Here they are the most dishonest camp managers I had ever encountered! They also charge you separately for every little thing. Even the kids jumping pad had a daily charge. In all of the other KOA's in our trip was free.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank ElizabethPG_12
lexington,ky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Pros: Shower house immaculate - gotta give them credit for this.

cons: right by a very busy street. Very loud with traffic. Made sleeping difficult
Very loud facility - we got there very late and there were teenagers walking around and being quite loud. This continued into the night.
Didn't feel the rates were very reasonable
Bathroom has a keypad - I'm guessing to prevent local/non paying travelers from using facilities.I understand why the facility does this - but I don't like the fact the door locks behind you. You have no idea who is in the shower house already.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank timetraveling
New Haven, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Had a great experience at this KOA. Loved our kabin, it was just the right size for us and loved that it was amongst the pines. Located close to the facilities as well. Staff was friendly. We enjoyed the breakfast as well one morning which was great as well. Definitely would return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
      Rooms
3 Thank tobben15
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Had read one bad review on this KOA written by someone who had stayed the previous year, so I was leary. But I got here and wow we're they wrong! The staff was great, the food was great, the accommodations and scenery were fantastic. Thank you KOA for yet another great stay! I'd stay here again and again.

• Stayed June 2012