“Best food in South Dakota!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 44 Restaurants in Custer
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Custer, South Dakota
“Best food in South Dakota!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This is my favorite restaurant, I keep trying different menu items and have never been disappointed! Tonight I has the Parmesan crowned cod and my husband had a burger, both were exceptional! The shrimp scampi and the prime rib are awesome!

• Visited July 2013

Louisville, KY
“Very Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We visited for dinner. Service was friendly & attentive, It is a nice restaurant that is a little upscale. I had the buffalo rib-eye with green beans & a salad. My wife had the steamed Atlantic Cod with green beans & salad & a glass of Pinot Noir. All of the food was excellent. After the salad a small sorbet was presented to cleanse the palate.

Visited June 2013
Bozeman, Montana
“Great prime rib”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We joined some friends for dinner at he Captain's Table in Custer and were glad we did. The restaurant has been one of our friends' favorite restaurants for over twenty years. The ambience is quite pleasant, perhaps best described as traditional. The service was friendly and attentive throughout the evening.

I was very pleasantly surprised to learn that you can order any of the wines on their wine list by the glass. This is very unusual and allowed us to each try different wines, which was great fun.

As many people have commented in the TA reviews, the prime rib was exceptional. My wife and I agreed that it was the best we have ever had - perfectly cooked to our liking, flavorful, and incredibly tender. The accompanying salad and vegetables were fine although pretty ordinary. No matter ... The prime rib was so good, the overall experience was a winner.

Sandy, Utah
“Well worth the price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Took my wife here the first night we were in town. The atmosphere was very nice, the wait staff very competant and thourogh. The food was top quality! I have never had Prime Rib cooked to perfection and melt in your mouth as this place served. My wife had the King Crab legs and they also were very very good and a lot of them. It was if the waitress watched our every move and was right there when you needed them but you never saw them watching. The food was served in perfect time and it was a wonderful dinner experience after a long days drive.

I would Highly recommend this returant if you are visiting the Custer area!!

Gillette, Wyoming
“Wish we would not have chosen this place.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Would never eat here again and definitely would never recommend. We sat for quite a while and finally ordered. There were two tables right next to us that ordered well after us, and they got their food probably 10 minutes before we got ours. I ordered the fettuccine with half marinara half Alfredo... gummy noodles and canned sauce... for 12.95. Horrible. My husband ordered breaded shrimp and garlic cheese potatoes. Packaged shrimp and instant potatoes. Horrible food at hefty prices. Their excuse... they are short handed. I would be ashamed to work here.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mizztina

Been to Captain's Table? Share your experiences!