“Worst meal we had.”

Pizza Works
Ranked #8 of 48 Restaurants in Custer
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: Hand Crafted Pizza: Crust dough made in house, as is the sauce. We grind real Wisconsin Cheese, so you don't have to eat any Cellulose coated factory cheese, or man made cheese substitute. We chop fresh vegetables and mushrooms.
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We were excited to try this place because of the reviews being so good (overall). We were going to eat in but it was so hot in the place that we decided to get the order to go.

I ordered a veggie calzone and husband a pepperoni pizza. They put my calzone in a styrofoam container so by the time we got to the room I had a soggy steamed heap of wet cheesy dough. So disappointing as it looked so good. I picked some of the toppings out and then headed for the vending in the hotel for dinner. Husband said his pizza was just ok. I didn't taste it. He offered me some since my calzone was inedible. Thank God I didn't take him up on it! He was so sick after eating that pizza. What a waste of $30.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I didn't think a pizza could be as bad as this one but it was. We ordered a large cheese pizza - the cheese was clumped on one side and the tomato sauce on the other. We chose a carry out rather than dine inside.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The pizza was average at best. Both of us got sick after eating it. You order your pizza at the counter & they call out a number. We sat outside... the area is nicer out there.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The only good thing about this place was the nice outdoor seating. It was a very nice day out so it was great to sit out on the patio and eat. However, our good experience ended there. The inside is totally in need of updating and the service was bad. They didn't want to simply walk out the door and hand us our pizza. The price for a pizza is alright, maybe a little high, but the taste just simply wasn't there. Casey's General Store pizza blows Pizza Works' pizza out of the water. It's just okay tasting pizza but the worst part was that it made both my fiance and I somewhat sick and we were both in the bathroom the remainder of the day. Probably not worth eating here. I know I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very casual. You go to counter order and find a seat. They call out number. You collect and eat. As for the food we ordered one of their Specials and did the Australian thing and added pineapple. Ingredients were fresh and tasty and the crust was excellent. We sat outside and watched the world go by. Very enjoyable.

Been to Pizza Works? Share your experiences!