“Needles highway”
Review of Needles Eye

Ranked #3 of 38 things to do in Custer
More attraction details
Owner description: A geological formation located in Custer State Park.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The eye of the needle was very cool! We love the rugged look of the mountains and loved the tunnels especially the one you see the presidents face when you come through!

There are newer reviews for Needles Eye

Reviewed June 23, 2013

It wasn't as difficult as I anticipated, the road is narrow and sometimes no center line to separate. Luckily there were no big tour busses or too much traffic when we went. Very cool scenic drive -- we saw bison and several deer on route.
Stopped at the Eye of the Needle to take photos as well as a few other places.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

The needles eye is a neat rock formation. The scenic highway has some fantastic views. Very interesting rock formations all along the route.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

What a work of art in Nature!! Worth the harrowing trip,especially in late afternoon. It almost takes your breath away!

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Do not rush this trip as the views are incredible. Give yourself time to get out and enjoy nature. If you explore at each site be careful especially by cathedral spires viewing site... I think. I kept climbing over the rock formations to get to the top for the best view. After I was satisfied with the views obtained I returned to the vehicle. For a second I thought I may have been lost as climbing back down everything looked the same. The sound of the passing vehicles allowed me to get back to my vehicle. If it were off season and nobody was around this may have been a problem so be careful.